As the world continues to grapple with health issues, the demand for qualified healthcare professionals has never been higher. If you’re considering a career in healthcare, a Bachelor of Health Science (BHS) degree could be a great choice. This article will take a closer look at this degree program, including its subjects, job prospects, salary potential, requirements, eligibility, and skills.
|Course Duration||3-4 Years|
|Eligibility||10+2 with an overall 55% from a reputed school|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Health Science?
- Why Study Health Science?
- Universities for Bachelor in Health Science in India
- Universities for Bachelor in Health Science Abroad
- Graduation Program In Bachelor of Health Science
- Core Subjects for Bachelor In Health Science
- Skills Required
- Eligibility Requirements
- Admission Process
- Future Scope
- Top Recruiters
What is Health Science?
The fields of study known as the “health sciences” have health or the provision of medical treatment as its central themes. The health sciences are connected to many academic fields, such as developing patient safety fields and STEM fields (such as social care research).
Why Study Health Science?
The identification and treatment of illnesses, disorders, and diseases are made easier by it. It analyses the molecular basis of every disease and aids in the creation of medications and drugs. Basic Medical Sciences plant the seeds for preventative healthcare in addition to curative healthcare:
- Studying health science will educate you with the skills necessary to assist people in healing, developing, and thriving.
- Depending on the route you take, your working life will look extremely different. As a family physician, you’ll take care of a steady stream of patients and help them through various life transitions.
Universities for Bachelor in Health Science in India
These are the Universities list that offer Bachelor of Health Science programs:
|Kasturba Medical College||Karnataka||2-5LPA|
|Banaras Hindu University||Banaras||20K-2LPA|
|Jaipur National University||Jaipur||25K-7lPA|
|NIIMS Paramedical College||Rajasthan||70k-2.5LPA|
|BITS, Pilani||Pilani, Rajasthan||9-19LPA|
|Madras Medical College||Tamil Nadu||50K-3LPA|
Universities for Bachelor in Health Science Abroad
These are some Abroad Universities list that offers Bachelor of Health Science program:
|Universities||QS World Rankings 2023||Average Fee per Year|
|The University of Queensland||50||18-38LPA|
|Arizona State University||219||25-27LPA|
|Kent State University||1001-1200||15-17LPA|
|University of East London||801-1000||13-15LPA|
|University of Manchester||28||19-35LPA|
Graduation Program In Bachelor of Health Science
These are the list of some Graduation programs In Bachelors Of Health Science:
- BS In Health Science
- BA In Health community
- BSc In Health Science
- BSc Applied Health Science
- BSc In Health Science Honors
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Medical Lab Technology
- Bachelor of Medical Record Technology
- B.Sc.in Reproductive and Sexual Medicine
- B.Sc.in Diagnostic Imaging Technology
- B.Sc.in Clinical Psychology
- B.Sc.in Dietetics & Applied Nutrition
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor’s Program in Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery
- Bachelor’s Program in Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
- B.Sc. in Radiology
- B.Sc.in Radiation Technology
Also Read: BSc Nursing
Core Subjects for Bachelor In Health Science
A Bachelor of Health Science program typically includes a range of courses that provide students with a well-rounded understanding of healthcare. Some of the subjects covered in this degree program include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Health and Wellness
- Healthcare Administration
- Healthcare Ethics
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Marketing and Communication
- Medical Terminology
- Public Health
Here are several skills that can be beneficial for those pursuing a career in healthcare. These include
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Empathy and compassion
- Cultural competence
Also Read: Bachelor of Pharmacy
The requirements for a Bachelor of Health Science degree vary depending on the institution offering the program. However, most programs will require applicants to have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some colleges and universities may also require applicants to have completed specific coursework or to have a minimum GPA. It’s important to research the admission requirements of each school you’re considering before applying.
The admission process for the Bachelor of Health Science program involves the submission of an online Application with the Academic document and personal statement, the process of admission includes some steps given below:
- The admission process is based on the cut-off in most colleges but students need to appear in the entrance exam
- After qualifying for the entrance exam college arrange Personal Interview Round for all the qualified students
Including CUCET, BHU UET, and NPAT, there are some other BSc entrance exams: KCET, UPSEE, IISER, etc.
These are the essential document required during the admission process
- Updated CV/ Resume
- Academic Transcript
- Statement Of purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Evidence of citizenship
- Entrance Exam Scorecard
- Passport size Photograph
Cost of Studying
This is the countries wise comparison of cost of a Bachelors program in Health Science
|Countries||Cost of study|
Graduates in the health sciences may find employment in a variety of locations or businesses, including hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, and other patient care facilities. medical facilities pharmaceutical businesses
Also Read: BSc Pediatric Nursing
One of the most significant advantages of a Bachelor of Health Science degree is the variety of job opportunities available to graduates. Some of the jobs you can pursue with this degree include:
- Health Educator
- Medical and Health services manager
- Healthcare Consultant
- Community Health Worker
- Healthcare Information Technologist
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health and Safety Specialist
This is the average salary for a Bachelor program in Health Science:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Health Care consultant||5-8LPA|
|Medical and Health Manager||7-8LPA|
These are the top recruiters for the Bachelor of Health Science Program:
- Breach Candy Hospital Trust.
- Zen Health Specialist Hospital.
- Apollo hospitals.
- Fortis Healthcare.
- Manipal Hospital.
Ans. Yes, a Bachelor of Health Science degree can be a great choice for those interested in a career in healthcare. It provides a well-rounded understanding of the industry and can lead to a variety of job opportunities
Ans. Yes, a Bachelor of Health Science degree can be a great foundation for pursuing a Master’s degree in healthcare.
Ans. Graduates with a Bachelor of Health Science degree can pursue a variety of jobs in healthcare, including health educator, medical and health services manager, and healthcare consultant.
This is all about the Bachelor of Health Science Program, if you want to explore more courses and job opportunities, You can reach out to our experts at study abroad for more information or Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.
For more entertaining and informative content, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.