Pediatric nursing is a focus on treating kids from infancy to puberty. As diseases and problems in children frequently present and are treated differently than in adults, they must have a thorough understanding of child growth and development. Paediatrics and the medical care of children, from infancy to adolescence, are the main areas of concentration for the nursing profession’s pediatric nursing specialisation. This is a crucial area of study since childhood growth and development make children’s health differs from that of adults.
|Avergae Fee In India||3LPA -5LPA|
|Average Salary||4LPA – 6LPA|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Pediatric Nursing in India?
- Roles and Responsibilities of Pediatric Nurses
- How to Make a Career in Pediatric Nursing in India?
- Top College for Pediatric Nursing
- Skills Required for Pediatric Nursing
- Admission Process for Pediatric Nursing
- Scope for Pediatric Nursing
Why Pediatric Nursing in India?
A pediatric nurse’s job is interacting with young patients and helping them feel at ease because medical facilities can be frightening to children.
- As a pediatric nurse, you have the opportunity to help your young patients and their families navigate some of the most challenging journeys in their lives.
- If you have a passion for providing care and love for children, this field might be good for you as a nurse
Roles and Responsibilities of Pediatric Nurses
The main responsibility of a pediatric nurse is that she will discuss a child’s symptoms and medical history, provide initial care, administer prescribed medication, and monitor the patient..
- The duties Include Communicating with children with different abilities and development levels about their symptoms.
- Pediatric Nurse Care for the child includes promoting proper development.
- They Play an important role in supporting the family and educate them about the condition,
- Recording the child’s Vital Signs and Lab results.
How to Make a Career in Pediatric Nursing in India?
Students who wish to pursue Paediatric Nursing, as a career, can get a B.sc or undergraduate Degree in Nursing and then proceed to do an M.Sc. or postgraduate course in Paediatric Nursing.
Also Read: Best Nursing Course
After completion of 10+2 students can pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing, these are some options if the student is looking to start their career as a Nursing
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc In Child Care
- B.Sc in Children and Young People
- GNM Diploma Course in Nursing
- For undergraduate courses, a minimum percentile of 50% marks in the secondary board examination is required.
- After completion of a three-year degree course, students can move ahead with the master’s program to build up their career
- M.Sc In Pediatric Nursing
- M.Sc In Children Care
- Students must graduate with aggerate of 55% in the field of B.Sc nursing, or any other related course
Also Read: Diploma in Nursing
Top College for Pediatric Nursing
These are some top universities and college listed below:
- AIHS Bangalore
- Sharda University
- Ades University
- AIIMS Delhi
- Amity University
- Dayanand medical college
- Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University
- Hind Institute Of Medical Science
- Himalayan College Of Nursing
- Koshys College of Nursing
- Krishna Institute Of Medical Science
Cost of Studying Pediatric Nursing
This table give you an idea about the averaged cost of studying Pediatric Nursing program:
|Top colleges||Location||Average Fee|
|Sharda University||Greater Noida||3.71 Lakh|
|Ades University||Bhatinda||3.08 Lakh|
|Adventist College of Nursing||Banglore||2.57 Lakh|
|BIMR Nursing college||Gwalior||2.62 Lakh|
|Baby Memorial College of Nursing||Kolkata||40 Thousand|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University||Navi Mumbai||2.00 Lakh|
|Amity University||Gurgram||2.84 Lakh|
|HCN ( Himalayan Collge of Nursing )||Dheradun||3.60 Lakh|
|HIMS ( Hind Institute of Medical Science||Lucknow||2.16 Lakh|
Skills Required for Pediatric Nursing
These are the skills set required to be a successful pediatric Nurse:
- Understanding of Child Development
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Attention to details
- Good Communication Skills
- Confidentiality and Ethics
- Team working Skills
Also Read: GNM Course (General Nursing & Midwifery)
Admission Process for Pediatric Nursing
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. Admission to this course is done through various Entrance exams and counselling processes, some college has their own entrance exam for pediatric Nursing.
These are some of the Entrance exams
- All India Institute Of Medical Science Entrance Exam
- All India post-graduate Medical Entrance Examination
- Anna University Entrance Exam
- Anna Malai University Entrance Exam
- Allahabad University Entrance Exam
- Educational Certificate including 10th and 12th Marksheets/ passing certificate.
- Passport size Photo
- Entrance Examination Score Card if any
- Evidence of Citizenship
- CV/ Resume
Scope for Pediatric Nursing
The scope of nursing practice is the range of roles, functions, responsibilities, and activities which a registered nurse is educated, competent and has authority to perform. Nursing practice is underpinned by values that guide the way in which nursing care is provided.
Job Prospect and Salary
You will get a range of well-paying jobs after completing Pediatric Nursing courses. Listed below are some of them.
|Job Profile||Average Entry Level Salary||Average Maximum Salary|
|Pediatrician||INR 5.5 LPA||INR 10 LPA|
|Nurse||INR 3.0 LPA||INR 5.5 LPA|
|Nurse Educator||INR 4.0 LPA||INR 6.0 LPA|
|Dietician||INR 4.5 LPA||INR 8.75 LPA|
Some of the top companies that hire pediatric Nurse:
- MAX Muispecality
- Max Healthcare
- Medanta The Medicity
- Columbia Asia Hospital
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects a 6% job growth for all registered nurses between 2021 and 2031. Pediatric nurses’ salaries vary based on skills and experience level. Employers pay nurses with experience in neonatal intensive care, pediatric intensive care, and surgery more than average.
Knowledge of medicine
Knowledge of psychology
Excellent verbal communication skills
The ability to use your initiative
knowledge of psychology
excellent verbal communication skills
the ability to use your initiative
M.Sc in Paediatric Nursing Career Options and Job Prospects
Rural Health Clinics
Thus, we hope that through this blog, you now have an idea of How to make a career in Pediatric Nursing in India, if you want to know more about the scope of career opportunities in your chosen field of specialisation for the pediatric course, get in touch with our experts at Study Abroad and they will guide you the best. Hurry Up! Book an e-meeting now and Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.