UK Universities have started accepting applications from all over the world for the September 2022 intake. Amongst all the international study abroad destinations, Indians find the UK to be a student-friendly country that offers top-notch education coupled with practical knowledge. If you are one of them, you must be finding all details – online application, visa requirements, COVID-19 protocols- for your study abroad journey. Check all of the restrictions imposed on UK Student Visa here and the protocols surrounding it here.
UK Visa Restrictions For Fully Vaccinated Students
First, let’s know what the UK means by the term ‘Fully Vaccinated’. The UK government will consider you in this category if:
- 14 days have passed since you have completed the doses of your approved vaccine.
- You are under 18 and a resident of the countries that the UK has approved for the proof of vaccination.
- Can’t take a vaccination due to medical reasons.
As a fully vaccinated international student going to study in the UK on a Tier 4 visa, you have to complete the following protocols –
- Take a COVID-19 test within 2 days of your travel to the UK.
- Book and pay for a PCR test when you arrive in the UK.
After You Reach
After you reach the UK, you have to follow the given guidelines and protocols –
- Take the PCR test that you booked when you were in India within 2 days of arrival.
- Isolate for 10 days, if you test positive or unclear, .
- If you take another test after unclear results and it comes negative, you can stop isolation.
- Till you receive your test result, you have to quarantine yourself.
UK Visa Restrictions For Not Fully Vaccinated Students
Following are the guidelines for international students who travel to the UK for overseas education with only 1 dose of vaccine or no vaccination at all
Before travelling to the UK
- Take a COVID-19 test within 2 days of travel to the UK.
- Book and pay for your PCR tests on Day 2 and Day 8. It will be administered once you arrive in the UK.
Reaching the UK
You will have to follow the instructions given below after reaching the UK.
- Take the Day 2 test and if it comes positive, self-isolate for 10 days.
- If the Day 2 test comes negative, you have to still quarantine yourself for the Day 8 test.
- If the Day 8 test comes positive, you have to self-isolate yourself for 10 days.
The UK accepts the proof of vaccination for only the following vaccines –
- Pfizer Biotech
- Janssen (Single Dose)
- SinoVac- CoronaVac
- Sinopharm Beijing
- AstraZeneca Covishield
- AstraZeneca Vaxzevria
- Moderna Takeda
Where can International Students be quarantined in the UK?
Before you travel to the UK, contact your education provider from the university to get all the details about how you can quarantine till you take the PCR tests and what facilities will be available for you. You can either quarantine in the government-approved hotels for quarantine or if your university has special arrangements. You will be required to pay the room charge per night as per your quarantine.
Test to Release Scheme
If you are fully vaccinated, you can book your private test before you arrive in the UK with a private pathology under the Test to Release Scheme. If you test negative, you need not quarantine yourself.
Passenger Locator Form
Another document essential to be field before you travel to the UK as an international student is the Passenger Locator Form. The government requires this to trace you or your co-passengers who might be in contact with the virus. You must fill the online form within 48 hours of your travel to the UK only. Fill the following details in the Passenger Locator Form-
- Passport Details
- Airlines you are flying to the UK
- Flight number
- Booking Reference
- Date of arrival
- The airport you will be arriving to
- Details of your education provider or someone who can be contacted if you get ill while in the UK
- Address where you will be staying for the first 14 days in the UK
- PCR test booking reference or the private test booking details that will be taken once you are in the UK.
You can download and print this form to show it at various checkpoints at the airport. If you do not fill this form, a fine of GBP 100 or INR 10,016 will be charged. These are the mandatory protocols you must follow once you are done with your UK Visa application.
Contact LeverageEdu for all your study abroad needs to the UK. Get personalized counselling and expert guidance from our counsellors. Call 1800-57-2000 today!