The visa application process for Australia can be difficult to navigate through. Not only there are different types of Australian types but also there are different types of application options depending upon the situation and nationality. The candidates can apply for Australia in the Online or Offline form. Since, 2015 onwards Australia has stopped using visa labels for passports, and therefore, all visa records are now available in the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO). However, in some cases, online applications may not be available therefore, in that case, paper application through an embassy has to be submitted. The candidates must check the below article to know how to apply visa to Australia.
This Blog Includes:
Types of Australian Visa
Check below the list of different types of Australian Visa:
- Work visa
- Temporary Entry Visa
- Visitor Visa
- Business Visa
- Student Visa
- Permanent Entry Visa
- Medical Treatment
- Resident Return
Steps to Apply Visa for Australia (Online)
Check below the listed steps to apply for Australia:
- Candidates are required to create an online account
- Select the type of visa to be applied for
- Fill in the application form
- Pay the application fees
- Submit the application form
Steps to Apply Visa for Australia (Offline)
The candidates are required to follow the below-mentioned instructions to apply for Australia visa paper:
- Candidates are required to find the nearest embassy or consulate
- They must schedule a meeting at an Australian office
- Required documents should be verified
- Fill out the application form correctly
- Pay the required application fees
- Submit the filled application form
Documents Required to Apply Visa for Australia
Check below the documents required to apply visa to Australia:
- A valid passport for at least six months, a minimum of three blank pages, and any old passports.
- Visa application form for Australia
- 2 recent colored photographs
- A cover letter
- Updated bank statement for at least 6 months
- Income Tax Returns/Form 16 for the last three years
- Supporting financial documents such as Property Investments, Fixed Deposits, Other Investments, etc.
- Candidates may be asked to undergo medical and X-ray examinations
Modes of Payment for Visa Application Fees
The following are the methods to pay the visa application fees for Australia:
- Cheque: Payment can be made through cheques in favor of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Money Order: Payable in favor of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Credit Cards: Payment can be made through the following types of credit cards-
- Master Card
- Diner’s Club
- American Express
As recommended by the Department of Home Affairs the candidates must apply at least 3-4 months before their departure date. This is because processing times may vary for various reasons therefore, it is suggested to apply beforehand.
Is it possible to authorize someone to receive all the communications related to visa but the candidates will have to fill out the application form and sign it themselves?
In case the candidates have not received any approval on their application then they can withdraw their application by filling up a form. In the case of online application, the candidates can attach this form to their application, and in the case of offline application, the candidates can email the form to the relevant authorities.
You Must Also Read:
We hope you now understand how to apply visa to Australia in both online and offline forms, the required documents for application, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!