The full form of PGDCA is Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application. This course is offered by many universities in India which UGC has approved. It is a year-long course and has two semesters. The candidate must be a graduate to pursue this course. The course aims to provide students with the professional, technical and communication abilities required to be successful in the field of computer science.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study PGDCA?
There are numerous arguments in favor of pursuing a PGDCA as a career path. Some of the most compelling reasons to why you should enroll in PGDCA courses are as follows:
- In comparison to two-year programs like MTech or MCA, the PGDCA is a one-year postgraduate degree with actual work opportunities. PGDCA courses provide a comprehensive curriculum that will not only save you time but will also allow you to compete with students from other programs.
- Low Saturation Scale: For professional courses, students frequently prefer a Master’s program over a Diploma degree, making PGDCA courses an ideal career choice in terms of competitiveness, which is relatively low when compared to other professional courses.
- When it comes to hiring new graduates, employers would always prefer a PGDCA over a BTech graduate, simply because a BTech graduate would expect a greater compensation package than a PGDCA scholar, which would help the firm save greatly.
Entry Requirements for PGDCA
The following are the entry requirements a candidate must meet to pursue PGDCA:
- The candidate must have completed their 10+2+3 level of education with mathematics as a core subject
- Admission for PGDCA after graduating is mostly offered based on the merit of the candidate
- The candidate would be required to meet specific requirements if any of the institutions offering the PGDCA course
- April to June is the peak enrollment season for this course
Also Read: All About BCA
PGDA Course Syllabus
|Foundations of Computer Programming
|Database Management Systems
|Advanced Communication Skills
|Basic Financial Management
Candidates studying PGDCA courses should have specific capabilities that graduates should have. Communication skills, team management skills, interpersonal skills, and understanding of computer languages are examples of these abilities. The following are some of the talents that candidates must have:
|Knowledge of computer languages
Top Colleges in India for PGDCA
The following are the popular institutions offering PGDCA courses:
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore
- Mehr Chand Mahajan Dayanand Anglo Vedic College for Women, Chandigarh
Jobs & Salary
Students who successfully complete PGDCA courses are offered job positions such as Information Technology Manager, Business Development Manager, Senior Analyst, and so on. The typical starting income after completing PGDCA courses ranges between INR 2 and 4 LPA.
|Average Salary (INR)
|IT Support Analyst
|Quality Assurance Analyst
For your convenience, some of the top recruiters who engage fresh PGDCA scholars once they complete their degrees are listed below.
We hope this has helped you understand the full form of PGDCA and everything related to it. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Get in touch with our study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!