The full form of SSLC is Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate, which is granted after an individual completes her/their/his Class 10 education from a recognised education board in India– CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board. This certificate was previously used as a birth certificate in India when birth and death registrations were not mandated by the central government of the country. This school leaving certificate is mandatory to enrol in Class 12 or a polytechnic course in India.
Contents of CBSE SSLC
A Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) SSLC includes the following information:
- Name of the student
- Name of the education board-CBSE
- Roll number of the student
- Name of the parents
- Name of the school/college/academic institution
- Marks table which displays the name of the subjects and grades of the respective subjects
- Explanation of the acronyms used in the table.
- Final result depicting pass or fail
- Date of issuing the certificate and name of the city
- Signature of the exam controlling authority
Education Opportunity After SSLC
After completing secondary level education and obtaining an SSLC, a student can pursue 10+2 from an accredited academic institution. After completing Class 12 students can opt for higher studies abroad and in India. Given below are the different undergraduate courses which Indian students can pursue from some of the top universities of the world after completing their senior secondary education:
- Bachelor’s courses- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BSc)/Bachelor of Technology (BTech)/Bachelor of Engineering (BE)/Bachelor of Law (LLB)/Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), etc
- Diploma courses
- Certificate courses
- Vocational education programmes
- Polytechnic courses
Significance of SSLC
An SSLC is an important document in India. Some of its uses are mentioned below:
- It was used as an identification certificate for the date of birth in the country when birth and death certificates were not compulsory.
- For individuals born before 1989, SSLCs are used as proof of birth to issue government documents like passports.
Also Read: Study Abroad After 12th: All You Need to Know
Also Read: List of Courses after 10th Standard
We hope that this blog helped you understand the full form of SSLC. To know more such useful information visit our page now! To discover study abroad options stay connected with Leverage Edu and Leverage Live.