The full form of AMIE is Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers. The AMIE exam is a distance-based engineering degree-level exam administered by the Indian Institute of Engineers for admission to BTech and BE programmes. It is crucial to recognise that AMIE appears to be the only distance learning portal through which students can learn to engineer. All state and federal governments, AICTE, UPSC, and other authors recognise the degrees awarded. You can also study these fields abroad as engineering have a lot of scope abroad and various universities offer these courses.
Eligibility Criteria for AMIE Exam
Mentioned below are the requirements for AMIE Exam:
- Any applicant who has completed +2 / HSC / PDC with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and as the primary subjects and a minimum of 45% marks.
- AMIE is open to candidates with or comparable to a 3-year Polytechnic Diploma in any engineering area. There will be no constraints on the score during the admissions procedure.
- Applicants with any of the above training certifications are also eligible to participate in AMIE.
Use of AMIE
AMIE is identical to a graduate engineering degree; even a certified student can write for the tests, which include:
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- IES (Indian engineering services)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- The Civil Services examination
Also Read: How to Become a software engineer?
Hope now you know the full form of AMIE. If you are looking to study abroad you can reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and you can also check our page for more related content.