The antonyms of ‘Timid’ are bold, forthcoming, brazen, and cold to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Timid’ means to become or make smaller in size or amount. It can also refer to the act of contracting or drawing back.
Meaning of Timid
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Timid, it refers to a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist, especially in colloquial language.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Timid
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Timid to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
Timid is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Timid in a sentence:
- The bold student confidently volunteered to present the project to the class.
- The brave firefighter fearlessly entered the burning building to rescue the trapped residents.
- With unwavering confidence, the entrepreneur pitched her innovative business idea to the investors.
- The daring explorer fearlessly ventured into the unknown territory, undeterred by the potential risks.
- The assertive leader fearlessly confronted the challenges, inspiring the team to follow suit.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Timid Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Timid’ from the options given below:
- Scary Cat
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of Timid with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.