The antonyms of ‘Resilience’ are rigidity, fragility, vulnerability, and weakness to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Resilience’ refers to the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties or challenges, and to adapt in the face of adversity or significant stress.
Meaning of Resilience
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Resilience, it implies the ability to bounce back, regain strength, and continue functioning effectively even after facing tough circumstances.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Resilience
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Resilience to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Resilience is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples of using the antonyms of Resilience in a sentence:
- The fragility of the glass made it susceptible to shattering upon impact.
- His vulnerability to stress and anxiety made it challenging for him to cope with difficult situations.
- The weakness of the structure rendered it unable to withstand the force of the storm.
- The instability of the economy resulted in widespread job insecurity and financial concerns.
- Her helplessness in the face of adversity prompted her to seek support and guidance from others.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Resilience Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Resilience’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of Resilience with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.