Synonyms and antonyms play a crucial role in building robust vocabulary and help to enhance overall language skills. So, let us understand the antonyms of often to gain proficiency in the English language. Antonyms for often are seldom, rarely, and infrequently. Continue reading the blog article below and find the relevant information about antonyms of often.
Origin And Meaning of Word Often
The term “often” is derived from the Old English word “oft” which means “frequently or many times. The word often is used to denote the frequency or repetition of an event.
Antonyms of Often
Let us dive deeper to learn the opposites of the word increase. They are as follows:
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Antonyms of Often Examples With Usage
Some examples of antonyms of often that can be used in a sentence are as follows:
- Seldom: He seldom goes to meet her parents.
- Rarely: She rarely goes to the movies.
- Infrequently: Infrequently I enjoy going to the movies with my friends.
- Never: She never tells a lie.
- Barely: Soham could barely walk due to an injury in his leg.
- Scarcely: I could scarcely see her.
- Unocassionally: She is going to the party occasionally.
- Unevenly: His hair was cut unevenly.
- Periodically: She had her test periodically after each week.
Must Read: Antonyms of Dawn, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Often Quiz
1. Which of the following is the opposite of often?
2. Which option is not the opposite of the word often?
Explore More Exciting Reads Below
This was all about the antonym of “often” meaning and examples. Hope you understand the term often and its usage. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.