The antonyms of ‘Noble’ are humble, base, ignoble, and lowered. According to the standard definition, ‘Noble’ describes someone or something possessing admirable qualities like moral excellence, dignity, honour, or showing high moral principles.
Meaning of Noble
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Noble, it refers to a person of high social rank or someone who embodies qualities of nobility in character.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Noble
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Noble to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Noble is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Noble in a sentence:
- Ignoble: His actions were ignoble, lacking any sense of honour.
- Base: It was a base decision, far from anything noble or honourable.
- Dishonorable: Engaging in such behaviour was dishonourable and contrary to noble principles.
- Mean: His mean-spirited remarks were the opposite of anything noble.
- Common: Their behaviour was common and unsuitable for someone considered noble.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Noble Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Noble’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of Noble with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.