Some common antonyms of the word exodus are arrival, entrance, influx, immigration, ingression etc. These antonyms of exodus describe situations where people are arriving at a particular destination. Wherein, the exodus typically means departure or mass departure. To know more about the antonyms of exodus and meaning, continue reading the blog article below.
Meaning of Exodus
The term exodus has typically several meanings in the context it is being used. The first meaning states, in a religious and historical context, that the “Exodus” refers to the departure of the Israelites from Egypt as described in the Bible, specifically in the Book of Exodus.
Generally stated, the term “exodus” is used to describe the mass departure or emigration of a large group of people from one place to another. It often implies that the departure is motivated by a need for escape, migration, or relocation due to various factors, such as political turmoil, economic reasons, or adverse living conditions.
Must Read: Antonyms of Dawn, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Exodus
The antonyms of exodus are the words that describe various situations where people are coming into a place, returning to it, or settling there, which contrasts with the notion of a mass departure or exodus.
Here is a list of antonyms for “exodus” based on various contexts of movement and departure:
- Migration Inward
- Reverse Migration
- Inbound Flow
Also Read: 300+ Antonyms
Antonyms of Exodus Usage with Examples
Here are some examples of how you can use the antonyms of “exodus” in sentences:
- The migration inward of wildlife was a sign that the changing season was approaching.
- The town organized a grand homecoming parade for the local hero who had achieved international recognition.
- The repatriation of the artifacts to their country of origin was celebrated as a cultural victory.
- Many people dream of a better life and seek immigration to more prosperous nations.
- The early settlers worked hard to establish a thriving settlement in the new land.
Antonyms of Exodus Quiz!
Pick the correct antonym of the word exodus from the options given below:
This was all about the antonym of “exodus” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.