Loyal means to give unconditional support in any situation. Some common antonyms of loyal are disloyal, unfaithful, erratic, unreliable, disinterested, fickle, undependable etc. The blog article below will give you antonyms and meaning of the word “loyal” with numerous examples.
Meaning of Loyal
Loyal means faithful to commitments, vows, allegiance, obligations, etc. It also means faithful to a sovereign, government, or state. Loyalty is an important quality in all relationships, whether they are personal or professional. It shows that you are trustworthy, reliable, and committed to the other person or thing.
Antonyms of Loyal
The antonyms of loyal are:
Must Read: Antonyms of Stare, Meaning and Examples
Usage with Examples
Here are some examples of antonyms of loyal for your reference:
- The disloyal employee was fired for stealing from the company.
- The unfaithful spouse was found guilty of adultery.
- The treacherous friend betrayed their confidence and told their secrets to everyone.
- The perfidious politician made promises that he never intended to keep.
- The untrustworthy witness was caught lying on the stand.
- The undependable worker was always late or calling in sick.
Antonyms of Loyal Quiz
Pick the correct antonym of loyal from the options listed below:
This was all about the antonym of “loyal” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.