Some common antonyms of clear are uncertain, dubious, doubtful, and unsure. The term clear is used to describe things capable of being seen through. It also denotes things that are free from cloudiness or mudiness. Let us know more about the word clear, its meaning, origin, antonyms, and its usage with examples in the article blog below.
Origin of The Word Clear
The English word clear comes from Proto-Indo-European “kelh₁”, French word Clair, and later Old French cler which means Bright, well-lit, not dark. Clear actually means visible.
7+ Opposites of Clear
Let’s take a look at the following opposites of clear to expand your understanding of the word:
Antonyms of Clear Examples With Usage
The term clear is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let us understand the following examples of using the antonyms of clear in a sentence:
- Uncertain: Their time of departure is still uncertain.
- Dubious: She is dubious about her motives.
- Doubtful: I am doubtful about this idea.
- Unsure: I am unsure about the answer to this question.
- Dark: Today, it is completely dark due to mist.
- Cloudy: It is all cloudy outside.
- Unclear: The concept of algorithms is totally unclear and confusing.
Antonyms of Clear Quiz
1. Select the most appropriate antonym for the word clear.
2. Which word is not the opposite of the word clear?
Explore More Exciting Reads Below
This was all about the antonym of “Clear” meaning and examples. Hope you are well versed with the term clear and its usage. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.