Some common antonyms of stare are look away, ignore, wink, scan, peek etc. These words all describe the opposite of staring, which is to look at something fixedly and intently. Read the blog article below and find more about antonyms of stare with meaning and examples.
Meaning of Stare
The definition of the word “stare” is to gaze at someone or something fixedly, intensively, or for an extended period. It frequently suggests a laser-like concentration on the subject of one’s sight. Depending on the situation and how it’s done, staring can express a variety of feelings or intentions, including curiosity, awe, surprise, or even rudeness.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
Antonyms of Stare
Here is a list of antonyms for the word “stare”:
- Look away
- Avert one’s eyes
- Look elsewhere
- Look past
- Pay no attention
- Turn a blind eye to
Usage with Examples
Here is a list of antonyms for the word “stare” with examples:
- She looked away when I caught her eye.
- He ignored the child crying for attention.
- The thief glanced over his shoulder to make sure no one was watching him.
- She blinked rapidly to keep the tears from falling.
- The curious child peeked through his fingers at the presents under the tree.
- The security guard scanned the room for any suspicious activity.
Antonyms of Stare Quiz!
Pick the correct antonym of stare from the options listed below:
This was all about the antonym of “stare” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.