The antonyms of ‘Equilibrium’ are imbalance, disproportion, and misconstruction to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Equilibrium’ refers to a state of balance or stability, where opposing forces or influences are in a state of offsetting each other, resulting in a condition of overall harmony and rest.
Meaning of Equilibrium
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Equilibrium, it refers to a physical, chemical, or biological balance as well as to a psychological or emotional state of balance.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Equilibrium
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Equilibrium to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Equilibrium is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Equilibrium in a sentence:
- The sudden shift in power dynamics caused an imbalance in the region, leading to political unrest.
- The financial crisis resulted in a state of disequilibrium, causing panic among investors and market instability.
- The unexpected turn of events threw the company into a state of chaos, disrupting its usual operations.
- The ongoing social unrest created a sense of turmoil in the city, prompting authorities to take immediate action.
- The natural disaster caused a significant upheaval, throwing the entire community into a state of unsteadiness and uncertainty.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Equilibrium Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Equilibrium’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of Equilibrium with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.