The antonyms of ‘Despair’ are hope, joy, cheerfulness, and optimism to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Despair’ is both a noun and a verb and is suitable to describe a state of hopelessness or a complete loss of hope. It also signifies a feeling of utter discouragement and a belief that a situation is so bad that it is impossible to improve.
Meaning of Despair
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Despair, it refers to a temporary emotional state, but it can also become a chronic condition if not addressed.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Despair
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Despair to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Despair is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Despair in a sentence:
- Despite the difficulties, she held onto hope for a better tomorrow.
- His optimism and positive attitude were contagious, uplifting those around him.
- With confidence in their abilities, the team was determined to overcome any challenges they faced.
- The community’s faith in the government’s ability to bring about positive change was unwavering.
- The support of her friends and family provided her with the encouragement she needed to pursue her dreams.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Despair Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Despair’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of Despair with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.