The antonyms of “Bereavement” are Acquisition, Accession, Acquisition, Bliss or Attainment. To make an impression and get well-versed in vocabulary one should know at least a few antonyms of general words like “Bereavement.”
“Bereavement” is a word that is regularly used in general day-to-day communication. We come across this word at least once a day. Not just this we also use its antonyms quite frequently.
Meaning of Bereavement
Bereavement is the state or fact of being deprived of something or someone valued, especially through death. It is a period of mourning after a loss, especially after the death of a loved one.
9+ Opposites of Bereavement
Mentioned below are some words that can be used as antonyms to the word bereavement:
Also Read: 300+ Antonyms
Antonyms of Bereavement Usage with Examples
Given below are some examples of how the antonyms of “Bereavement” can be used in a sentence:
- Acquisition: After the loss of his job, he was finally able to acquire a new one, which brought him some solace.
- Accession: The accession to the throne of the new king brought hope and joy to the people.
- Attainment: The attainment of her goal of becoming a doctor brought her immense satisfaction.
- Bliss: The couple’s wedding day was a day of pure bliss.
- Contentment: The farmer was content with his simple life.
- Delight: The children took delight in playing in the park.
- Elation: The team felt elation after winning the championship.
- Felicity: The couple’s new baby brought them great felicity.
- Fulfillment: She found fulfillment in her work as a teacher.
- Gaiety: The party was filled with gaiety and laughter.
- Gladness: The news of her recovery brought gladness to her family and friends.
- Happiness: The birth of her child was the happiest day of her life.
- Health: After recovering from his illness, he was in good health and spirits.
- Jubilation: The crowd erupted in jubilation when the team scored the winning goal.
Antonyms of Bereavement Quiz
Which of the following is the opposite of bereavement?
Which of the following words can be used to describe a positive state of being or having, and is therefore an antonym of bereavement?
This was all about the antonym of “Bereavement” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.