Some common antonyms of audacity include timidity, reserve, humility, compliance, shyness etc. These antonyms of audacity convey a sense of caution, modesty, or restraint rather than boldness or daring. To know more about the antonyms of audacity, its meaning and usage and examples, continue reading the blog article below.
Meaning of Audacity
The meaning of audacity is boldness or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety, conventional thought, or other restrictions. It can also mean effrontery or insolence; shameless boldness.
Antonyms of Audacity
The antonyms of “audacity,” which means boldness or daring, can include words that represent the opposite characteristics. Some antonyms are:
Must Read: Antonyms of Stare, Meaning and Examples
Usage with Examples
The examples of antonyms of audacity are used in sentences to convey a different set of qualities and behaviours. Check the examples of antonyms of audacity listed below.
- His timidity prevented him from approaching the podium to give a speech.
- Always exercise caution when handling dangerous chemicals in the lab.
- Her reserve in social situations made it difficult for her to make new friends.
- The meekness of the employee led to his exploitation by the demanding boss.
- His modesty was refreshing, as he never boasted about his achievements.
Antonyms of Audacity Quiz!
Pick the correct antonym of the word audacity from the options listed below:
This was all about the antonym of “audacity” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.