The antonyms of ‘Acknowledge’ are reject, deny, ignore, deny, and so on. According to the standard definition, ‘Acknowledge’ is a verb that conveys the act of recognizing, accepting, or admitting the existence, truth, or validity of something.
Meaning of Acknowledge
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of “Acknowledge”, it implies a form of acceptance or appreciation of a fact, situation, or person’s actions.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Acknowledge
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of Acknowledge to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Acknowledge is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Acknowledge in a sentence:
- The project’s failure to meet its objectives led to a thorough reassessment of the team’s strategy.
- Despite their best efforts, they experienced a significant defeat in the final match of the tournament.
- The company’s poor financial decisions resulted in a substantial financial loss for the quarter.
- The team’s unexpected setback delayed the completion of the project by several weeks.
- The movie’s poor reception at the box office was a major flop for the studio.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Acknowledge Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Acknowledge’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of ‘Acknowledge’ with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.