Significance often implies that something is noteworthy or carries weight in terms of its impact, value, or meaning. It is not trivial or inconsequential. Some antonyms of significant are minor, trivial, unworthy, irrelevant etc. Read the blog article below and find all the details related to antonyms, the meaning of significant and examples.
Meaning of Significant
The term “significant” is used to describe something that is important, meaningful, or having a notable impact or influence. When something is considered significant, it stands out or holds significance in a particular context or situation.
Antonyms of Significant
The antonyms convey the idea that something is not noteworthy, impactful, or relevant, which is the opposite of being “significant.” Check the lists given below:
Usage with Examples
The antonyms of “significant” are words that represent the opposite meaning or convey the idea of insignificance, unimportance, or triviality. Here are some antonyms of “significant” along with sentence examples:
- The typo in the report was relatively insignificant and did not affect the overall message.
- The discussion about what to have for lunch seemed trivial in the context of the important meeting.
- The minor cosmetic issues with the product did not deter customers from buying it.
- The speaker’s comments about unrelated topics were seen as irrelevant to the discussion.
- While the issue was not entirely unimportant, it didn’t require immediate attention
Significant Antonyms Quiz
Choose the correct antonym of significant from the below listed examples:
|Antonyms of Busy
|Antonyms of Consonance
|Synonyms of Importance
|Synonyms of Brave
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter I
|Adjectives Starting With The Letter B
|Idioms for Learning
|Idioms for Experience
This was all about the “antonyms of laugh” with meaning and examples. Hopefully, you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu