INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) is a scholarship program implemented by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. This scholarship program comes under Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) which is a flagship program of DST.
This scholarship is for students who are academically bright. Any student undertaking any bachelor’s or master’s course in Natural and Basic Sciences is eligible for this scholarship. INSPIRE scholarship offers 10,000 scholarships every year. The prize money of this scholarship is around INR 80,000 which the candidate receives annually.
The INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education has proved a boon to students who want to study further but cannot do so because of their financial situations. Here’s a quick overview of the scholarship that will help you get the crucial details easily.
|Scholarship Name||INSPIRE Scholarship 2023|
|SHE||Scholarship for Higher Education under INSPIRE Program|
|Title||INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education|
|Subject||DST, GOI has released INSPIRE Scholarship Notification|
|Issuing Agency||Ministry of Science & Technology|
|Scholarship Level||National Level|
|Name of the Department||Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Mode of Application||Online|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria of INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education
There are certain eligibility criteria that are required to apply for the INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education. A candidate must have passed class 12th in 2023 before applying for the scholarship in 2023. Read the list of eligibility criteria given below:
- The required age group for the applicant must be between 17-22 years.
- The candidate must have scored in the top 1% of all successful students in his or her class 12 board exam.
- The candidate must have enrolled in a B.Sc, BS or M.sc, MS Course in Natural and Basic Sciences in the same year of passing class 12th.
- The applicants who are among the top 10,000 rankers in the Joint Entrance Exam of IIT, the top 20,000 in AIEEE or cleared CBSE Medical (AIPMT) and have chosen to study Natural/ Basic Sciences are eligible for this scholarship.
- The candidates who are pursuing Natural/ Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc or M.Sc courses from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, National Institute of Science Education and Research or Department of Atomic Energy Center for Basic Sciences at the University of Mumbai are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The candidates who are scholars of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists and Jagdish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) and who are also pursuing B.Sc or M.Sc in Natural/ Basic Sciences are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Subjects Under INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education
Terms & Conditions
You need to keep certain things in mind while filling out your application form for the INSPIRE Scholarship Program. Here are a few things that should be kept in mind:
- Make sure that your form is completely filled out. If not, it will be rejected then and there and no claims will be entertained regarding that.
- The scholarship can be claimed for a period of 5 years starting from the first year of BSc/ BS/ Int. MSc/ Int. MS or until the completion of the course (whichever is earlier).
- The continuation of the scholarship is dependent upon the scholars’ success in the university-conducted exams and the Head of the Institution’s recommendation.
Almost 10,000 scholarships are distributed every year. Every student receives around INR 80,000.
Any candidate who has already passed class 12th exams and is pursuing BSc or MSc in Natural/ Basic Sciences is eligible for this scholarship.
The main objective of the INSPIRE scholarship is to engage meritorious students to study courses related to Natural / Basic Sciences and provided them with financial support.
Every student deserves to finish their education and with the aim of helping financially backward students the Department of Science and Technology implemented INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education. This scholarship scheme provides financial support to academically bright students and helps them finish their higher studies.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page. And do not forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.