Are you searching for a school that provides quality education and a nurturing environment for your child? Look no further than DPS East of Kailash! With a rich history of academic excellence and a commitment to providing students with the best possible education, DPS East of Kailash is the perfect choice for parents who want their children to succeed.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the DPS East of Kailash admission 2023-24, the facilities provided by the school, seat availability for students based on various criteria, and the admission process conducted by the school. So, let’s get started!
|School Name||Delhi Public School, East of Kailash|
|Type of School||Co-ed|
|Classes Offered||Pre-primary (Nursery) – Primary ( Class I-V)|
|Other Branches||DPS RK Puram, DPS Vasant Vihar|
|Address||Block F, East of Kailash, New Delhi, Delhi 110065|
|Phone Number||+91 011 49117700|
This Blog Includes:
Note: The admission process for DPS East of Kailash is over for the session 2023-24. However, we will update this blog once we have details on the admissions for the next academic year.
About DPS East of Kailash
Established in 2003, Delhi Public School (DPS) East of Kailash is the junior Branch of DPS R.K.Puram, along with the Vasant Vihar branch. It works under the aegis (support) of the Delhi Public School Society. Over the years, the school has gained international recognition for its overall excellence and stands unmatched for academic achievements, its exciting range of curriculum and co-curricular activities and a reputation for leadership.
Explore the Best Schools in Delhi here!
|Academic Facilities||Library, Science labs, Computer labs|
|Art Facilities||Music room, Dance room, Art room|
|Sports facilities||A large playground and swimming pool with facilities for various sports like cricket, football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis and more.|
|Transportation Facilities||Buses are available for students who live far from school, equipped with GPS and CCTV cameras for the students’ safety.|
Also Read: DPS RK Puram Admission 2023-2024
Availability of Seats for DPS East of Kailash Admission 2023-24
This year, the DPS East of Kailash admission 2023-24 commenced from 1st December 2022 till 23rd December 2023. The academic year lasts from April to March, and the school uploads the entire criteria and procedure for admission in available seats on its official website every year.
Here’s a breakdown of the availability of seats for students of various categories:
For Nursery Class
|Category||% of Seats||Number of Seats|
|EWS / Disadvantaged Group Category, CWSN (Children with Special Needs)||22%, 3%||45|
|Staff Quota – Staff Child (Staff of DPS East of Kailash)||5%||9|
For Classes I-V
|Category||% of Seats||Number of Seats|
|EWS / Disadvantaged Group Category, CWSN (Children with Special Needs)||25%||9|
|Staff Quota – Staff Child (Staff of DPS East of Kailash)||5%||2|
The age criteria for DPS East of Kailash admission 2023-24 for pre-primary and primary classes are as follows:
|Minimum Age (in years)||3||4||5|
|Maximum Age (in years)||4||5||6|
Apart from the above criteria, other parameters are set out for students of the general category. If they fulfil a particular parameter, they are awarded points that increase their chances of securing a seat at the school. Here’s a breakdown of the points awarded to a general-category student for fulfilling any of the parameters:
|Parameters/ Criteria (General Category)||Points Awarded|
|If the student lives in any of these given distance ranges from the school:
Distance (in km)Points0 – 6 506.1 – 8408.1 – 15 3015.1 – 2020
|If the student has a sibling (real brother/sister) currently studying in DPS East of Kailash)||25|
|If the student’s parent(s) (father and/or mother) is alumni of DPS East of Kailash||10 (for each parent)|
Registration Process for DPS East of Kailash Admission 2023-24
The registration process for DPS East of Kailash admission 2023-24 was wholly paperless and conducted online through the school website. Here’s how to register your child for the open seats in the general category:
- Go to the school website: https://dpseok.net/
- Complete all three steps of the registration form as only then the registration process will be considered complete. No fee is charged for online registration.
- After the registration is done, the candidate will receive a Registration Number. Take a printout of the registration number as it’s MANDATORY. Also, printouts of the Registration Acknowledgement Slip or Registration Confirmation Page are NOT required.
- During the registration, if your location of residence is not listed in the area drop-down menu, then you can select the area closest to your residence given in the options.
- The following mistakes during the registration process will lead to the immediate cancellation of the candidate’s application:
- Duplicate registration (filling and submitting the form twice).
- Mentioning incorrect residential address.
- Applying to multiple DPS branches at the same time.
Post the registration process, parents will receive an email on the email ID they provided in the form containing all the information (date and reporting time) regarding the verification and submission of relevant documents. The verification process is held in the junior schools (East of Kailash and Vasant Vihar) as per the assigned date & time mentioned in the mail. Requests for a change of date and time are not accepted by the school.
After the registration is complete, the applicants are required to produce the following original documents for verification and submit the photocopies of the following set of self-attested documents:
- The candidate’s Birth Certificate with their name mentioned, issued by the Municipal Corporation.
- Proof of Residence:
- Ration card/Smart Card issued in the name of parents (mother/father and having the child’s name)
- Domicile certificate of the child (or their parents).
- Voter Identity Card /EPIC of either of the parents.
- Electricity Bill / MTNL Telephone Bill / Water Bill / Passport in the name of either of the parents or child.
- Aadhar Card / Unique Identity Card in the name of either of the parents.
- In case of a sibling studying in DPS already, a copy of their latest tuition fee deposit receipt for the academic session 2022-2023.
- In the case of alumni of DPS RK Puram, a copy of the pass certificate of Class XII was issued by CBSE.
- A letter of undertaking self-attested by both parents in front of the school admission verification team. The undertaking should clearly state that the information provided by the parents is correct. Copies of the submitted documents are from the original ones, and the parents accept the school’s decision to cancel the candidate’s registration/admission as final and crucial if any information or document submitted is found to be wrong, fake, false, or incorrect.
Both the applicant’s parents must be present to submit the copies of above documents and sign the letter of undertaking in the presence of the school admission verification team. If the parents fail to report for document verification at the designated time and date, the candidate’s application is cancelled.
Also Read: DPS RK Puram Registration Process 2023-24
DPS East of Kailash Admission Process 2023-24
After submission and verification of all the relevant documents, the school shares the details of children who applied for admission on its official website after conducting a draw of lots. The draw of lots is either computerized or done through slips in a transparent manner in front of parents.
Points given to each candidate who seeks admission is displayed a week later, and the first list of provisionally selected and waitlisted children is released.
Parents having any queries related to the point allotment of their wards are free to reach out to the school via email or verbal interaction. A second list of candidates is released after resolution of previous queries, concluding the entire admission process.
The fee structure for DPS East of Kailash admission 2023-24 is as follows:
|Admission Fees (One time)||INR 25,200||INR 25,200|
|Tuition Fee (per month)||INR 9,100||INR 9,100|
|Annual Fees||INR 28,565||INR 30,365|
|Monthly Cost||INR 11,481||INR 11,630|
|Total Fee||INR 1,62,965||INR 1,64,765|
Also Read: DPS Dwarka Fees 2023-24
The admission fee of Delhi Public School is INR 25,200.
The monthly fee for Class 1 in DPS is INR 11,630. The monthly fee is calculated by adding the per-month tuition fee and the annual fee (divided by 12).
The number of seats for general students at DPS East of Kailash is 90.
This was all about DPS East of Kailash Admissions 2023-24. For more such informative blogs, discover updates on high schools in India.