Offered in many specialisations, MBA program has established its own eminence in the corporate world. If you are aspiring to attain this renowned degree, you can choose from an array of MBA streams ranging from Information Technology to Banking and Finance as well as Fashion Designing and Media Management. With the availability of these specialised MBA courses, one can pursue a unique interdisciplinary degree that aligns with their niche. Apart from regular, these programs are offered as Distance Learning MBA programs as well as weekend courses to make them more flexible for those entangled with their personal or work-related responsibility refraining them from getting into a full-time MBA degree. Renowned for distance and open-learning courses, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) also offers its own uniquely designed MBA that aims to equip candidates with the advanced skills and knowledge of their chosen field. Through this blog, let’s walk you through the prominent features of IGNOU MBA, its prerequisites, admission criteria and varied other essentials you must know before opting for it.
This Blog Includes:
|Course Type||Distance Education|
|Offered by||School of Management Studies- IGNOU|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree or any other equivalent with 50% Marks|
|Entrance Exam||OPEN MAT|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam + Final percentage or CGPA in Bachelor’s Degree|
|Course Fee||INR 58,00|
About IGNOU MBA
This AICTE-recognized postgraduate degree programme is created to help students get the skills needed for management and business careers. Renowned management professionals created the programme while taking into account the most recent industry standards and guidelines. All of the courses are current, cover a wide range of business and management topics, and are pertinent to the demands of the modern world. It is specially created for working professionals as well as recent graduates.
IGNOU MBA: Programs Offered
IGNOU currently offers Master’s, Postgraduate, and Advance Diploma programmes. The following is a list of programmes offered by the IGNOU School of Management that candidates can choose from based on their preferences.
- Master of Business Administration (Banking and Finance)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
PG and Advanced Diploma:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Operations
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
Also Read: Value Education Program by IGNOU
IGNOU MBA: Important Dates
Mentioned below are IGNOU MBA relevant dates for OPENMAT:
|Online admission starts (Jan 2023)||28th December 2022|
|Last day for application||15th May 2023|
Syllabus for OPENMAT
IGNOU has devised a section-wise syllabus of OPENMAT to evaluate candidates on different parameters. Following are the section-wise important topics of the IGNOU MBA entrance exam:
|General Awareness||-Current affairs in India: History, Geography, Laws,
Famous Personalities of India and
Around the World
-World: Countries, Organisations, Summits
-Science: Chemistry, Physics, Biology
(basics, concepts and applications)
-Industry: CEO, Statistics etc
-Trade: Export, Import etc
|Reasoning||-Cause and Effect
-Coding and Decoding
-Statements and Conclusions
|Quantitative Ability||-Ratio and Proportion
-LCM and HCF
-Mean, Median, Mode
-Arithmetic Progression & Geometric Progression
-Permutation and Combination
-Fill in the blanks
-Synonyms and Antonyms etc.
Steps to Fill IGNOU MBA 2023 Application Form
Candidates should use the step-by-step process outlined below to fill out the IGNOU MBA admissions registration form for 2023:
- Step 1: Go to http://ignou.ac.in/, which is the official website.
- Step 2: Complete the registration form by providing basic details.
- Step 3 – Take note of the “Application Number” created by the method.
- Step 4: Re-enter your credentials and complete the IGNOU OPENMAT MBA 2021 application form.
- Step 5: Add the necessary documents to your account.
- Step 6: Pay the fees associated with the application form.
- Step 7: Print the OPENMAT MBA application form after downloading it.
IGNOU MBA: Application Fee
The application fee for admission via IGNOU MBA 2023 is listed below.
|Name of the Category||Application Fee in INR|
To get admission into the MBA Distance Education program offered by IGNOU, it is mandatory for the aspirants to satisfy certain prerequisites. The university claims to offer the program as per the AICTE norms. If you are planning to enrol under the IGNOU MBA, here are the major mandatory requirements that you need to fulfil:
- Any graduate degree including CA/CS/Cost Accountancy with 50% marks for the general category, and 45% for reserved categories as certified by the Indian Government. (If your marks in graduation are in CGPA, you are required to convert your grades into a percentage for which you can use our online calculator for CGPA to Percentage as well).
- MBA aspirants must qualify for the OPENMAT entrance examination conducted by the NAT (National Testing Agency).
- There is no set age limit for the IGNOU MBA course.
- International students residing in India can also apply for the program if they possess a valid student visa for the minimum duration of the course.
- Foreign students will have to pay the admission fees as per the fee structure devised for international students.
Documents Required for Admission into IGNOU MBA 2023
Some of the documents that will be needed for IGNOU MBA Admission 2023 are mentioned below:
- All past academic transcripts and mark sheet
- Passport-size photographs
- ID Proof
- Category Certificate
- OPENMAT Hall ticket
- OPENMAT scorecard
IGNOU MBA OPENMAT Exam
To get into the management programs of the university, the candidates need to qualify for an entrance exam referred to as OPENMAT which is conducted twice a year. As per the university guidelines, it is compulsory to clear the exam even if the applicants fulfil the complete eligibility criteria. Those wanting to grab a seat in IGNOU MBA, can fill out the online application form and register for this exam which is conducted online and consists of 4 sections on which the candidates are tested. In total, there are 200 questions which carry a weightage of 200 marks. For every correct answer, one mark is allotted whereas there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. Let us take a look at the format of the exam:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
OPENMAT Exam Pattern
Remember that IGNOU does not accept CAT/ MAT/ CMAT scores for entry, so all applicants must take the IGNOU MBA entrance exam if they want to be considered.
|Exam Name||IGNOU OPENMAT 2023|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Total Sections||4 (General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning)|
|Marks Per Correct Answer||1|
The minimum duration for IGNOU MBA is 2.5 years whereas the maximum time to complete the program is 8 years.
Yes, the distance MBA program is open for international students.
The university has not mentioned any specific age limit to pursue the program. Those who meet the requisites and qualify for the entrance test can apply for the course.
IGNOU conducts the entry-level examinations twice a year for MBA aspirants for Indian as well as international students.
No, once the portal is closed you cannot apply for the course and there is no other option available as well. You have to wait until the next intake.
It is compulsory for the students to attend 75% of the lectures to appear for it. Moreover, it is mandatory for them to clear all the fee balances, failing which they would not be allowed to appear for the examinations.
Yes, IGNOU is a central university which was established through the Act of Parliament in 1985. It is also approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Thus, we hope that this blog has provided you with the key details about IGNOU MBA and its admission process. To read more informative articles like this one, and all about IGNOU, keep following Leverage Edu.