The staff selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff (SSC MTS) is a non-technical and highly competitive examination conducted by SSC for various posts such as Peon, Gardner, Daftary, Jamadar, Junior Gestetner Operator, Chowkidar, Safaiwala, etc. This exam opens the door to various job opportunities in the central government. Therefore, cracking this exam in the first attempt needs systematic and a well-planned approach. If you are planning to appear for the SSC MTS examination, this blog is the right place. In this blog, we will discuss the tips and strategies that will help you crack the exam on the first attempt.
This Blog Includes:
ALSO READ: HOW TO CRACK CAT
A Step-by-Step Guide to Cracking SSC MTS on the First Attempt
Here is a guide on what approach will help you to crack the examination on the first attempt
Understand the Exam Pattern
It is the most crucial part before you start preparing for the examination. Acquainting yourself with the exam pattern will save you time and help you while practicing and studying for the examination. The SSC MTS exam consists of two papers-
- Paper I – this includes General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, English, and General Awareness.
- Paper II is a descriptive paper that tests your writing skills.
Create a Study Plan
A well-planned study approach will help you in the effective and timely completion of your syllabus. Break down the syllabus into small parts and make targets to complete them. Create a timetable according to your schedule and follow it generously, as it will allow you to prepare and practice promptly.
Gather the Right Study Material
Having the right resources are most important for any examination. Refer to the standard books and online resources to cover the syllabus comprehensively. Rely on limited resources and cover them well. Make sure you are using the updated study materials and focus on building up the foundation first
One of the best ways to practice and revise is to refer to previous years’ question papers and identify the recurring topics and revise them thoroughly as the possibility of these topics repeating is high. Also, give as many mocks as possible to enhance speed and accuracy.
Stay Healthy and Positive
Last but not least, a healthy mind and body are all you need throughout for proper preparation for any examination. Taking breaks and getting enough sleep are equally important. Also, motivation and a positive mindset play the most important role in your success in any exam.
Tips and Tricks
Some more tips that might help you in cracking the examination are:
- Start early – If you start early, you will have an advantage and will be able to complete the syllabus on time. By starting early, you can easily focus on your weak areas and maintain a balance between mocks and practice.
- Focus on weak areas– More than focusing on your strengths, you need to focus on your weak areas and improve them to maintain accuracy.
- Solve questions daily– Practising questions on a daily basis is an important factor that helps in maintaining speed and keep you in a habit of solving and analysing.
- Work on speed and accuracy – Rather than solving more and more questions, work on speed and accuracy as these two areas will decide your selection chances.
- Stay updated– For the general knowledge section, you need to regularly stay up to date. For this, you can read newspapers daily and solve MCQs on a daily basis.
- Stay positive– Last but not least, a positive attitude is the most crucial factor that decides your selection. You need to stay positive and focus on the good and stay motivated throughout your preparation.
Can I crack SSC MTS without coaching?
Yes, with the help of proper resources and effective study, you can crack SSC MTS without coaching.
Should I focus more on theory or practicality?
A balanced approach between theory and practice is needed as theory is the base of your preparation and practice is the key to crack the examination.
Is it necessary to make targets and study?
Different people may take different approaches but making targets and studying accordingly will help you maintain track of your progress
This was all about some tips on how you can crack SSC MTS on your first attempt. Hope this blog gives some ideas and a strategic approach to study. For more information, Keep following Leverage Edu.