The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, commonly known as UPES, was founded in the year 2003 through state legislation of the state of Uttarakhand. UPES offers various courses to students including Masters of Business Administration (“MBA”) through its UPES School of Business. Recently, MBA has come to be known as a truly global degree thus peaking the interests of students across the nation. Given the present situation, more and more colleges are offering MBA programmes to interested students. In this blog, we shall discuss the examination process, syllabus, eligibility criteria, etc. for the UPESMET exam.
|Conducting Body||The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies|
|Frequency of exam||Multiple times a year|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Levels||Three (3) – Examination, group discussion and interview|
This Blog Includes:
- UPESMET 2023 Latest Updates
- MBA Courses Offered by UPESMET
- Important Dates for UPESMET 2023
- Exam Pattern for UPESMET 2023
- UPESMET 2023 Syllabus
- Eligibility Criteria for UPESMET 2023
- UPESMET 2023 Registration Process
- How To Prepare for UPESMET 2023?
- UPESMET 2023 Sample Papers
- UPESMET 2023 Result
- UPESMET 2023 Selection Process
UPESMET 2023 Latest Updates
UPESMET Phase 3 examination will be on 8th-9th April 2023. The registration for Phase 3 began on March 15 2023.
MBA Courses Offered by UPESMET
UPESMET offers a wide range of MBA programmes to allow candidates to choose a programme best suited to their interests. A list of MBA programmes offered by UPESMET is noted below:
- MBA Core
- MBA in Digital Business
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Oil & Gas
- MBA in Power Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Aviation Management
- MBA in Events, Public Relations and Corporate Communications
Important Dates for UPESMET 2023
The relevant dates for the UPESMET – Phase 3 Exam are noted below:
|Application process||March 15 – April 6 2023|
|Date of examination (Phase 3)||April 8 and 9, 2023|
|Group Discussion and Interview||To be declared|
Also Read: UPES MBA
Exam Pattern for UPESMET 2023
Candidates who are interested in giving the UPESMET exam should acquaint themselves with the exam pattern for the exam in order to enable them to prepare better for the exam and also strategise their preparation accordingly. The exam pattern is discussed below:-
|Duration of exam||Two (2) hours|
|Language of exam||English|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Total Questions||One hundred and forty (140)|
|Total marks||One hundred and forty (140)|
UPESMET 2023 Syllabus
Candidates who wish to sit for the UPESMET exam this year should keep themselves up to date with the syllabus so that they can divide their time and prepare accordingly. The syllabus for the UPESMET exam is quite similar to other MBA exams and is divided into four (4) main sections which are noted below:-
|Subject||Weightage (in marks)||Topics Covered|
|Reading and comprehension, Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Vocabulary, Para jumble and completion|
|Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Number System, HCF and LCM, Trigonometry, Arithmetic Progression, Time, Speed and Distance, Mensuration|
|Static GK, Awards and Winners, History and Geography, Constitution of India, Personalities Business and Politics, Government and Economy, World Events, Current Affairs|
|Data Arrangement, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Family Tree, Assumptions, Syllogism, Clocks and Calendars, Matching Puzzles|
Eligibility Criteria for UPESMET 2023
In order to sit for the exam, candidates must first ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body. The eligibility criteria for the exam, as notified by the conducting body, is as follows:-
- Minimum fifty (50) per cent of marks in Class 10th, 12th and graduation.
- Candidates must have finished their graduation from a reputed university.
- There is no age limit for giving the exam.
- Candidates with scores of MAT, GMAT, XAT, CAT, CMAT and NMAT by GMAC of the same or previous year are exempted from the examination.
UPESMET 2023 Registration Process
The application process is entirely online; candidates must visit the official website to register for the exam. The steps to register for the UPESMET exam are as follows:
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Enter personal details such as date of birth, nationality, course, mode of application, etc.
- Verify your mobile number with OTP
- Fill in the academic details and click on next which will redirect you to the fee submission page
- Once verified, pay the fee of INR 1350. Payment will be made through an online gateway
- You will be granted an application number and password which will also be sent to your email address and mobile number.
Also Read: All About MBA
How To Prepare for UPESMET 2023?
Candidates who are looking to get admission into UPES must aim to plan ahead and create a detailed study plan so that they are able to ace the examination. Read on for more preparation tips, sample papers and the best books for UPESMET.
Recommended Books for Preparation
In order to ace an exam, it is important to be well-versed in the syllabus and refer to the books best suited to the syllabus. Here is a list of recommended books:
|English||Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
High School English Grammar by Wren & Martin
|Quantitative aptitude||The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Dinesh Khattar|
|General Awareness||General Knowledge by Lucent Publications|
|Analytical reasoning||A New Approach to Reasoning – Verbal, Non-verbal and Analytical by Arihant Publications|
However, in light of the extensive syllabus, candidates should also do their research and pick books, apart from the ones noted above, for their preparation.
MBA has, over the years, become one of the most in-demand courses owing to the opportunity of upside it presents to the students. Given the intense competition, here are a few tips that may give you an edge over the competition:
- Prepare with the syllabus in mind and try not to leave any topics behind or unfinished.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments to perform better in group discussions and personal interviews.
- Try and follow a proper schedule during preparation while also keeping time aside for breaks and unwinding sessions.
- Take mock tests and solve previous year’s question papers to understand your strong and weak points.
- Keep aside time for revision before the exam.
- Try and ensure that you get a good night’s sleep before the day of the examination.
UPESMET 2023 Sample Papers
In order to be fully prepared for the exam, candidates must ensure that they take some time out to attempt sample papers. This will not only help the candidates with time management during the exam but also help them identify their strong and weak points. Here are a couple of sample papers which the candidates can use to aid their preparation.
UPESMET 2023 Result
The result for UPESMET’s 3rd phase will be declared shortly after the examination process has been concluded. Candidates should keep an eye on the official website for further updates.
How To Check UPESMET 2023 Result?
Candidates who will be appearing for the UPSEMET exam in 2023 can follow the below-mentioned steps to check the result of the examination:
- Visit the official website and log in using your username and password
- Find the results tab and click on it.
- You will be redirected to the results page. Candidates should save the relevant page for their records.
- The result cum scorecard is expected to contain the candidate’s name, roll number, qualifying status and scores.
UPESMET 2023 Selection Process
Candidates wishing to seek admission to UPES will have to go through a three (3) layered process for completing their admission to the MBA programme. The process entails a written examination followed by a group discussion and a personal interview, which are discussed in detail below.
Stages of Selection and Counselling
The candidates, who have cleared the exam, will need to take part in the selection and counselling process which is as follows:
- Registration – Candidates will first have to register themselves and book a slot for the group discussion and personal interview process. Candidates can do this by logging in to the official website.
- Group Discussion – Candidates will then be divided into groups of 10-15 where they will be asked to participate in a discussion on a specific topic.
- Document Verification – During this stage, shortlisted candidates will be asked to verify documents pertaining to their education and personal details.
- Personal Interview – Once the documents have been verified, candidates will need to appear for the personal interview where the interviewing panel will test their reasoning skills, general knowledge, etc.
UPESMET 2023 Counselling – Documents Required
As stated above, one of the stages during the selection and counselling process is the verification of documents. Candidates will need to carry the following documents for this process:
- Printout of result
- Scorecard of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/NMAT/GMAT
- Acknowledgement of fee payment
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets
- Graduation mark sheet
- Work experience certificate, if applicable
- ID Proof
Breakdown of Reserved Seats
Certain seats in the MBA programmes offered by UPES are reserved for students belonging to Uttarakhand and for students who have cleared national-level entrance tests. The breakdown is as follows:-
- Thirty (30) per cent of the seats will be filled through national-level entrance tests such as GMAT, CAT, XAT, etc. However, if these seats are vacant, UPES will fill them through UPESMET.
- Fifteen (15) per cent of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Uttarakhand. However, if these seats are vacant, UPES shall treat them as unreserved.
Also Read: UPESMET Counselling Process 2023
For students seeking admission through exams other than UPESMET, they would have to obtain the below-noted minimum scores in the following exam:
|Exam name||Minimum qualifying score|
|MAT/CMAT||Minimum seventy-five (75) percentile|
|GMAT||Five-hundred and fifty (550)|
|NMAT||One-hundred and forty (140)|
|CAT/XAT||Seventy (70) percentile|
Also Read: How To Prepare For Upcoming MBA Exams?
No. There is no negative marking in the UPESMET exam.
The UPESMET exam only consists of objective questions.
All sections in the exam carry equal weightage, i.e., thirty-five (35) marks.
In this blog, we have discussed the details of the UPESMET exam. We hope candidates appearing for this examination can use this information to aid their preparation and that this information helps them ace the examination.
For more such updates, check out our Indian exams page and do not forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.