Indian Army has given a notification for Technical Entry Scheme Course (TES) (10+2) – 51 Course commencing in July 2024. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the notification & Apply Online.
TES Vacancy 2024 – 90
This Blog Includes:
What is TES Entry in Indian Army?
The Full form of TES is the Technical Entry Scheme. This is the direct entry into the Army.
TES entry in the Indian Army 10+2 entry for those candidates who want to join the Indian Army as officers. This entry is for those students who are 10+2 passed with the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects. This entry is the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army, to make entry as the Engineers. If you are also aspiring to make a TES entry, then read this blog, till the end to get all the relevant information about this in detail.
TES Entry Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for a TES entry officer depends on fulfilling the following entry requirements. The list is given below. You can find the list below.
A candidate must either be:
- An Indian Citizen
- A subject of Bhutan
- A subject of Nepal
- A refugee of Tibetan,
- A citizen who has come over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the purpose of permanently settling in India or,
- An Indian origin person, who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the purpose of permanently settling in India.
- A candidate except Indian Citizen, will be required a certificate of eligibility to get admission for joining training.
If you are a candidate, who age is not below than 16½ years and more than 19½ years on teh first day of the course on which the course is starting, i.e. you should not be born before 01st January 1996 and not after 01st January 1999.
You should have cleared 10+2 examination or its equivalent qualification, with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board, to apply for this entry. The condition to calculate percentage of PCM will be followed according to the guidelines/ instructions in vogue of various state/central boards.
TES Entry SSB – Selection Criteria
A candidate is selected on the basis of the 10+2 cut-off list. You have to crack the list in order to become eligible for the TES entry in the SSB interview. To learn about the selection process, you can follow the given steps.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be called for the SSB interview at Bhopal, Bangalore or Allahabad Feb/Mar onward.
- The interview is a total of 5 days.
- If you clear the interview round, you will need to go through medical testing for 3 to 5 days.
- All the selected candidates will go for the training of merit.
- The military training for 1 year at OTA Gaya (Officer Training Academy Gaya) will take place.
- A total of 3 years of technical training at CME Pune, MCTE Mhow and MCEME Secunderabad.
- After the commission training of 1 year at CME Pune, MCTE Mhow and MCEME Secunderabad.
What is the TES Entry Application Instructions?
You need to keep in mind the following instructions while doing an application for a TES entry.
- Fill all the relevant details mentioned in the online application form.
- Applications will be accepted in the online mode only.
- Once you submit all the relevant data, take two copies of the application form and the Roll Number generated by the system.
- Make sure to take the signature by a gazetted officer of the Central/State Govt, and affix the photographs.
Students who have appeared in JEE Mains 2023 and have a minimum of 60% in PCM (commonly known as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) in grade 12th are eligible for the TES entry.
The main difference between NDA and TES is that in NDA students from all streams can appear, but in TES, the student’s background required is Maths, Physics, and Chemistry.
At least 60% in the science stream (PCM) in Class 12th is required for the TES entry.