SSC CGL Exam Date: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India conducts the SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level) exam, which is one of the most competitive exams for graduates in India and is held annually to hire staff for various Group B and Group C posts in ministries, departments, and organisations that fall under the authority of the Indian Government. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution can take the SSC CGL exam for a chance to work with various government agencies.
|SSC CGL 2023 Exam highlight|
|Exam||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Purpose of examination||Candidates’ selection for Group B and C positions in
various Government of India ministries, departments,
|Exam Level||National level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college
|Age limit||Minimum Age Limit – 18
Maximum Age Limit – 32
Age will be calculated from August 1, 2023
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application fee||Rs. 100 only|
|Mode of examination||CBT|
|Exam duration||Tier I- 1 hour
Tier II- paper 1- 2.5 hours
Paper 2- 2 hours
Paper 3- 2 hours
|Language||English, and Hindi|
This Blog Includes:
SSC CGL Exam Date 2023
Since the SSC CGL exam is near, you should keep an eye on notifications for any changes in dates so that you don’t miss out on anything. Here, for your convenience, we are sharing with you the important dates regarding SSC CGL 2023. However, it is advisable to check out the official website for further developments.
|3rd April 2023||Notification release|
|3rd April 2023||Application form starts from|
|3rd May 2023||Last date to apply|
|5th May 2023||Last date to make online fee payment|
|5th May 2023||Last date to generate offline challan|
|6th May 2023||Last date to make offline fee payment|
|10th may 2023 to 11th may 2023||Application form correction window opens|
|14th July 2023 to 27th July 2023||SSC CGL Tier-I exam|
|July- August 2023||SSC CGL Tier-I exam Answer key release|
|August- September 2023||SSC CGL Tier-I exam result Announcement|
|To be announced||SSC CGL Tier-II exam date|
|To be announced||SSC CGL DV date|
Also Read: UPSC Exam 2023
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2023
According to the notification of the staff selection commission, the eligibility criteria for the SSC CGL are as given below.
- The candidate must be a
- Citizen of India or
- Nepal and Bhutan nationals or
- Tibetan refugees who entered India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of settling permanently there,
- or people of Indian ancestry who moved to India permanently from countries in East Africa, including Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
2. The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
3. The age restriction has changed, and it is now 18 to 32 years. The age must be determined as of August 1, 2023.
General Outline of the Application Process
If you are appearing for the SSC CGL 2023, you must be aware of the components of the exams as well as the process of the exams so that you can prepare yourself accordingly. Below, we are giving a general outline of the application form.
- Eligibility criteria: The commission has specified certain eligibility requirements that must be satisfied by the candidates. You can find the eligibility criteria in the blog as well; scroll down to check if you are eligible for the SSC CGL 2023 exam.
- Application form: Next, you are required to complete the registration and application forms. For your convenience, the process has been described in this blog.
- Fee Payment: Once the application form has been submitted, pay the fee online for the successful application.
- Exam: Appear at your specified examination center on the exam date and take your SSC CGL 2023 Tier-I exam. If you pass it, appear for the Tier II exam, and wait for the result.
- Results Announcement: Once the results are announced, check your score by visiting the official website. Next, match your marks with the cutoff mark. The SSC CGL 2023 final result will be declared after the conduct of the document verification.
Steps to Fill the SSC CGL 2023 Application Form
The SSC CGL 2023 application form is now available online at the SSC’s official website. Visit the commission’s website to fill out the SSC CGL 2023 application. Before filling out the application form, you are required to complete the registration process. The application process is simple, and you can complete it in a few steps, which are given below.
- To register yourself, first, you have to visit https://SSC.nic.in.
- Next, click on “New user? ” or “Register now,” and you will be directed to the SSC CGL registration form.
- Finish and save the registration form by completing the basic details, additional contact details, and declaration.
- After you have completed registration, log in to your account by using your registered contact number and password.
- You will be directed to the application form after a successful login.
- Complete the application form by filling in the details and uploading the scanned photos, signature, and required documents.
- Check the application form carefully for any errors, and submit it.
- In the final step, you have to make payment for the fee in online mode.
- You can download and print the application form for future use.
According to the new selection method, the Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC CGL 2023 Exam in three stages: Tier 1, Tier 2, and Document Verification.
The SC CGL Tier 2 exam consists of three papers (Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3).
No, the current SSC CGL selection process does not include any interviews.