Law, as a subject and profession, continues to prosper and grow with the ever-increasing demand for lawyers across all sectors. Lawyers today work in many industries and designations in addition to the traditional practice of law in courts.
The Law Aptitude Test (LAT) conducted by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is the qualifying exam which allows students to pursue law through one of the seven participating universities.
The application process for NMIMS LAT has already begun and candidates who wish to take the LAT can start their application process through the official website. The notification for NMIMS LAW 2023 was released on 4th January 2023 and the application window will be open till 21st May 2023.
|Exam Name||NMIMS LAT|
|Conducting Body||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Selection Process||Common Entrance Exam (CAT)|
|Application Fees||INR 2000|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
This Blog Includes:
NMIMS LAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates who wish to pursue law through one of the seven colleges in NMIMS can enrol themselves for LAT through the official website. The application form is available for download on the official website. Candidates will then be required to fill in their details and complete the application form.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Application Process
Candidates who are interested in NMIMS LAT 2023 can apply through the official website noted above. Candidates must note that the application process is open till 21st May 2023. The application process is noted below:
- Visit the official website of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies.
- Click on ‘NMIMS LAT 2023’ to start the registration process.
- The candidate will be provided with a registration number and a password which will become his/her portal to log in on the university website.
- Once the candidates have their login, candidates can start filling up the form and enter the details.
- Candidates will also be required to enter some documents which they should scan and keep ready.
- Once the above steps have been completed, candidates will need to pay the application fee.
- The application fee is to be paid online through credit card/ debit card/ net banking. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Candidates can submit their form once the payment has been completed. However, before submitting the form, candidates must cross-check their details and then submit the form.
- Once the form has been submitted, candidates will receive a confirmation message on the email or phone number provided by him/her.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Documents Required
As mentioned in the preceding steps, candidates will be required to submit certain documents during the process of filling out the application form. Here is a list of the documents which will be required by the candidates:
- Name of the parent/guardian
- ID proof (aadhaar card/ pan card/ driving licence)
- Matriculation (10th class) certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Latest passport-size photograph
NMIMS LAT 2023 Important Dates
Candidates preparing for or planning to take the NMIMS LAT 2023 can prepare themselves better by being aware of the important dates so that they can plan and manage their schedule accordingly. The important dates for NMIMS LAT 2023 are given below:
|Commencement of online registration process||1st December 2022|
|Last date for applications||21st May 2023|
|Conducting of online computer-based examination at designated test centres||From 4th January 2023 to 31st May 2023|
|Exam date scheduling window||From 6th December 2022 to 23rd May 2023|
|Declaration of merit list||First week of June 2023|
Candidates applying for the NMIMS LAT 2023 will have to pay INR 2000 as an application fee. This application fee is non-refundable and if due for any reason a candidate’s application form is rejected, then the application fee is to be paid again to appear in the exam.
There are multiple documents required to fill out the NMIMS LAT 2023 application form such as matriculation (10th standard) certificate and 10+2 mark sheet. The detailed list of documents required for the exam is noted above.
The Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) conducts the Law Aptitude Test (LAT) annually to enrol candidates for various courses available at the institution.
In this blog, we have discussed the NMIMS LAT 2023 application procedure in detail along with the list of documents required. The NMIMS LAT 2023 application window is now open. Candidates who want to pursue a career in the legal field or who are interested in becoming a lawyer can through the official website.