Law as a profession has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years. This is because all establishments, whether it is NGOs or private limited companies, require legal assistance in one way or the other. This assistance may vary from representing the organization in court to drafting contracts to protect the intellectual property of the organization. Given the scope of employment opportunities and fields of study involved, more and more students today are gravitating towards becoming a lawyer. This blog will discuss the examination process and other relevant details associated with the GLAT exam.
|Conducting Body||Geeta Institute of Law|
|Courses offered||BA LLB and BBA LLB|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|Application process||Online and offline|
|Mode of examination||Offline/Online|
This Blog Includes:
About GLAT Exam
The Geeta Law Admission Test, also known as GLAT, is the examination conducted by the Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat for admissions in its five (5) year integrated law courses, i.e. BA LLB. Geeta Institute of Law is affiliated with Kurukshetra University and has also been approved by The Bar Council of India.
The relevant dates for the upcoming GLAT exam for the year 2023 are yet to be notified. However, based on data accumulated over the years, we have prepared a list of tentative dates below:
|Release of application form||February 5, 2023|
|Last date of registration||June 12, 2023|
|Release of admit card||June 15, 2023|
|Date of exam||June 21, 2023|
|Declaration of results||June 22, 2023|
|Interview and final results||June 23, 2023|
Also Read: All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
In order to be eligible for the exam, candidates must fulfill the below-noted criteria:-
- Completion of Class 12th or equivalent with an aggregate score of at least forty-five (45) percent.
- Candidates should be twenty (20) years or less on July 1 of the year of admission. There is a relaxation of two (2) years for candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category.
The application process for the GLAT exam can be completed either online or offline. The process for both options is discussed below:-
- Online application process – The form can be filled out online on the official website and the payment can be made through a debit or credit card.
- Offline application process – Candidates will need to print the form and fill out the relevant details. Thereafter, candidates are required to send the form along with a demand draft to the address of the Geeta Institute of Law.
Fees for GLAT Exam
The fee for the GLAT Exam is INR fifteen hundred (INR 1500) payable online or offline, as stated above.
Also Read: LSAT Entrance Test
The exam pattern is discussed below:-
|Duration of exam||Ninety (90) minutes|
|Language of exam||English|
|Total questions||One hundred (100)|
|Total marks||One hundred (100)|
The detailed syllabus for the GLAT exam is discussed below. It is also advised that candidates keep themselves updated on the latest current affairs and legal developments to help them achieve the highest score.
|General knowledge and current affairs||Twenty-five (25) marks|
|English||Twenty (20) marks|
|Reasoning||Twenty-five (25) marks|
|Legal aptitude and legal awareness||Thirty (30) marks|
Preparation for GLAT Exam
Here are the following tips for preparing for the GLAT exam:
Candidates interested in the GLAT exam can refer to the below-mentioned books for their preparation:
|General knowledge and current affairs||Objective GK by Lucent|
|English||Word power made easy by Norman Lewis|
|Reasoning||Objective logical reasoning by Vikas Experts|
|Legal aptitude and legal awareness||Legal awareness and Legal Reasoning by AP Bhardwaj|
In addition to the above, candidates are advised to find additional study material best suited to their needs.
Also Read: AIBE (All India Bar Exam)
GLAT Exam Previous Year Question Papers
In order to aid the preparation for the exam, candidates can refer to the previous year’s question papers which are available on the official website.
GLAT Exam Selection Process
Selection in Geeta Institute of Law will be based on the above-noted examination and subsequent interviews of the shortlisted candidates.
Scholarships after the GLAT Exam
In order to encourage and support students further, the Geeta Institute of Law offers numerous scholarships to students. The top two (2) candidates with the highest score in the GLAT exam are eligible for the Geeta GLAT Merit Scholarship of INR thirty thousand (INR 30,000). Further, high scorers in the GLAT exam can also receive the below-noted scholarships:
|Percentage score||Scholarship amount|
|95 -100||INR 1 Lakh|
|90 – 94.99||INR 50,000|
Also Read: UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT)
Competitive exams such as the GLAT where there are plenty of students fighting for the same opportunity can be a stressful and chaotic time. However, such stress and anxiety can be reduced and managed by planning ahead for the exam and sticking to the plan. Here are a few tips for candidates preparing for the GLAT exam:-
- Be familiar with the syllabus and try not to keep any parts of the syllabus unfinished or untouched.
- Prepare your notes which you can then use at the time of revision.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the night of the exam. This will help you wake up refreshed and raring to go on the morning of the exam.
- Clear your doubts, if any, well in advance and do not leave them for the last minute.
- In the event you are selected for an interview, dress formally. As an aspiring lawyer, you would be expected to follow a code of conduct.
The GLAT exam is an objective exam consisting of MCQ questions.
Yes. You can submit the application form offline with a demand draft.
The GLAT exam is conducted for admissions to BA LLB and BBA LLB programs.