KVS Recruitment Score vs Percentile 2023: How Does It Affect Rank?

3 minute read

KVS Score vs Percentile: The Kendriya Vidhyalaya Sangathan released the KVS recruitment results on 11th April for PRT, 13th April for Principal, and 21st April 2023 for PGT and TGT exams. Candidates who appeared for any of these exams can check their results and calculate the KVS score vs percentile to understand their overall performance and marks in the exam. 

The Kendriya Vidhyalaya Sangathan (KVS) annually conducted the recruitment process for the PGT, TGT, PRT and other positions at various KVS branches in India. The KVS recruitment 2023 exams started from 7th February 2023 to 11th March 2023. In this article, we will discuss how to calculate KVS score vs percentile. 

Exam NameKVS 2023
KVS Full FormKendriya Vidhyalaya Sangathan
Organised byMinistry of Education, Government of India
Exam Dates7th February to 11th March 2023
Results Date11th April 2023
Total Parts4
Total Questions180 MCQs
Official Websitehttps://www.kvsangathan.nic.in/

Also read – KVS Recruitment 2023

KVS Score vs Percentile

The KVS scorecards contain the candidate’s overall scores in the exam and details about their section-wise performance in the exam. The KVS scores are the numerical results obtained by candidates in the KVS written examination. These scores are given on the basis of how many answers have been marked correctly by the candidates. The KVS scores are presented as values and can go as high as 180, as that is the maximum score a candidate can get. The more a candidate scores, the better their performance is in the exam.

On the other side, the KVS percentile is expressed as a candidate’s performance relative to the other candidates who appeared for the exam. The KVS percentiles are measured to know how many candidates received a percentage below a certain level and how many were above that benchmark. For example, if a candidate’s score is placed at the 75th percentile, it means that this individual scored better than 75% of their candidates, but less than the remaining 25% of candidates.

The General cut-off for the KVS PGT was 140-145 out of 180. If any candidate received a final score of 160 out of 180, this means that the candidate received 88.89%. To know the difference between KVS score vs Percentile, check the table below.

Also read – KVS TGT Exam

How to Calculate KVS Score vs Percentile?

Calculating the KVS score and percentile involves selecting the percentage of scores received by candidates in a particular range. To calculate the scores and percentiles, candidates need to check their final scores, maximum scores received and how many candidates appeared for the exam. Scores in the Consider this example;

If a candidate secures a total of 162 marks out of 180  in the KVS exam, it means the candidate has scored 90% marks (score is 162). To calculate the percentile of this candidate, you need to divide the scores received by candidates below a certain candidate by the total number of scores and multiply it by 100. (number of scores below your score/ total number of scores) x 100. 

Here’s an example: If a candidate scored higher than 80% of candidates, this means that the candidate’s percentile rank would be 80.


What is the KVS score vs percentile?

KVS score is the final mark received by the candidate. The KVS percentile is the percentage of candidates who scored better or lower than a certain level.

What is the maximum score in the KVS exam?

The maximum score a candidate can receive in the KVS exam is 180. The KVS exam consists of a total of 180 MCQs, where each question carries one mark.

What is the duration of the KVS exam?

The KVS exam has a duration of 3 hours (180 minutes), in which candidates are required to attend 180 multiple-choice questions.

For more such updates do check out our Indian Exams page and, stay tuned with Leverage Edu.

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *