The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is responsible for conducting the national-level IRMA Social Awareness Test, or the IRMASAT, annually to enrol meritorious and deserving candidates in the esteemed institute’s lucrative PGD (Post Graduate Diploma) Programme in Rural Management (PGDRM) and Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM).
The IRMASAT application window was active till 31st December 2022. Registered candidates are required to appear for their personal interviews between 13th February 2023- 5th March 2023 (except Sundays). As for those residing outside India, personal interviews will be held online during the third week of March 2023.
|Name of Examination||IRMASAT, or IRMA Social Awareness Test|
|Name of Institute||Institute of Rural Management, Anand|
|Level of Examination||National|
|Frequency of Examination||Once a Year|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of Examination||80 minutes|
|Purpose of Examination||Admission into IRMA|
|Number of Seats||240- 5% seats for the NRI category|
This Blog Includes:
IRMASAT 2023 Exam Analysis
Participants are advised to review previous years’ examination patterns to comprehend the exam’s structure and the types of questions encapsulated within it. Individuals preparing for the exam can expect it to be difficult, similar to an MBA entrance exam. While studying for the exam, candidates should prioritize subjects such as recent government schemes, social economic issues, economic development, and application-based current affairs.
Such questions are intended to assess or evaluate participants’ cognitive prowess and competence.
The exam will be lengthy and at times difficult due to a lot of passages and passage-based questions. Candidates must demonstrate a high level of aptitude for logical reasoning and critical thinking when answering passage-based questions.
IRMASAT 2023 Marking Scheme
Preparation for any given examination needs for candidates to meticulously assess and evaluate their prescribed exam patterns. Doing so can help aspirants create their own plausible frameworks for preparation. Such schematics, in turn, allow applicants better allocate their time and resources. Exam analysis, in layman’s terms, can assist applicants in expediting and optimising their preparation.
The IRMASAT Written Exam encompasses only one section, wherein there will be about 40 objective-based questions. These questions are specifically designed to assess the cognitive prowess and competence of candidates.
Candidates appearing for the said exam are required to attempt the paper in 80 minutes. It is imperative for applicants to go through the question paper meticulously as there may be certain questions which may seem a bit dicey or tricky to attempt, thereby resulting in the selection of incorrect answers (deduction of 1/4th mark). Thereby, it is recommended for participants review their answers prior to selecting the preferred option.
The data tabulated below will help you understand the marking scheme for the said exam.
|Total number of sections||1|
|Total number of questions||40|
|Number of options||5|
|Marks per question||1|
|Negative marking for the wrong answer||0.25 of the allotted marks|
Criteria for Getting Shortlisted
Meritorious and promising candidates will be shortlisted for IRMA admissions on the basis of Merit-based Calls and Profile-cum-merit -based calls.
- Merit-Based Calls: It is up to the notable selection committee to determine the category-wise cutoff for candidates who appeared for CAT/ XAT 2023 Exams.
- Profile-cum-merit based Calls: Eligible candidates satiating the mentioned criteria will be shortlisted for such calls:-
- Graduation in Agricultural Packaging and Processing/ Agriculture/ Agriculture Engineering/ Dairy Technology/Fishery/Food Science/Forestry/ Horticulture
- Work experience in the Development Sector, Social Impact, Livelihoods, Policy and Advocacy, Agriculture and Allied Sectors.
Difficulty Level of the Previous Year’s Paper
Aspirants taking the IRMASAT Exam must revisit and evaluate the exam’s previous years’ questionnaires and trends. Keeping abreast and revisiting such trends can help candidates create workable blueprints for their preparation as well as gauge their aptitude and competence for the said exam. By going over the various aspects of previous questionnaires, such as the paper pattern and difficulty level, one can comprehend the details of the exam. Doing so can even help applicants expedite and optimise their preparation.
Coming to the exam’s difficulty level has remained relatively consistent over the years, ranging from easy to moderate. Students appearing for the said exam must predominantly focus on the current affairs section as it covers a major portion of the questionnaire and has the maximum scope for students to secure their scores.
Tips to make the Preparation Easier
- It is advised that students go through different newspapers (such as The Hindu, Times of India, Business Today, Times, etc.) and magazines to keep updated with what’s happening around the globe.
- Candidates wishing to crack the IRMASAT entrance exam should specifically concentrate on the following topics: Indian Economy, Environmental Issues, Human Rights, Rural Development, Sex Ratio, and so on.
- It is important for candidates preparing for the IRMASAT 2023 Exam to focus on their speed and accuracy, as the said exam is time-based.
- Candidates appearing for the said exam will be required to solve the questionnaire within 80 minutes. Students must keep in mind that authorities conducting the exam will not entertain requests for extra time.
Have a look at the question paper pattern and section-wise demarcation of marks of the IRMASAT 2020 Examination to get an idea about the forthcoming Entrance test.
|Paragraph Based Fill in the Blanks||3|
IRMASAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Exam success cannot be attributed exclusively to the applicants’ preparation. A candidate should always be prepared with a few tricks in their itinerary to cope with any pressing situation. Practice and revision will only get you so far; ultimately, your ability to surpass your rivals will be ascertained by your preparation level. How extensively you prepare for an exam is far more significant than how much you study to pass it. To help you ace your exam, we have curated and shortlisted some pointers to keep in mind.
- Applicants can expedite and optimise their examination preparation by becoming acquainted with the exam pattern and the provided material.
- By adhering to the recommended routine, candidates can lay out a feasible framework to follow and prepare for their exams.
- Candidates can improve their understanding of the exam format and syllabus structure by taking mock exams. As a result, candidates will be better prepared to ace the exam.
- Candidates can benefit from reading relevant books in order to better prepare for the exams.
- Making notes can be an excellent way to remember important information.
- Candidates must ensure that they revise their topics on a regular basis. With enough study and practice, one’s accuracy and efficiency can be perfected.
1 Mark will be awarded for every correct answer, while 0.25 marks will get deducted for incorrect answers.
The questionnaire for the IRMASAT 2023 Exam will include 28 essay-based questions.
There will be three fill-in-the-blank questions in the IRMASAT 2023 Exam.
The IRMASAT can be instrumental for individuals who wish to get admitted into the esteemed institute’s lucrative management programmes. This exam can be a stepping stone for numerous aspirants who wish to carve flourishing career paths for themselves in the management field.