Whether you’re a business school aspirant or an MBA student looking to make the most of your education, IBSAT Seat Allotment is one of the first steps in the process. It helps determine which college best suits your preferences and academic goals. That said, if you’re not familiar with this process, there are several things that you should know before registering for IBSAT Seat Allotment. In this blog post, we will discuss what IBSAT is and why it’s important for aspiring MBA students, as well as the steps and needs to prepare for a successful seat allotment.
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT)|
|Conducting Body||ICFAI Business School|
|IBSAT Exam Date||Yet to be Announced|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective|
|Total Marks||140 Marks|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
This Blog Includes:
IBSAT Seat Allotment
The IBSAT seat allotment process starts with the release of the IBSAT merit list by the respective authority. Candidates who have qualified in the exam and fulfil the minimum IBSAT eligibility criteria are included in the merit list. After the release of the merit list, candidates are required to participate in the counselling process wherein they are allotted seats based on their preference and rank in the merit list.
Candidates must note that Seat allotment in IBSAT is purely provisional and subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as mentioned in the brochure/website of respective participating institutes.
Also Read: IBSAT Application Process
Number of Seats
Every year, thousands of applications are received for the IBSAT exam. Reportedly, last year around 25,000 applications were received for giving the entrance exam. Comparatively, a much lesser number of seats are available and allotted to the candidate.
The conducting body of the exam has not released any notification on the number of seats available for the candidates.
Reservation of Seats in the IBSAT Examination
According to IBSAT, there are no reservations provided to any applicant belonging to any category. The seats are allocated entirely based on their merit.
However, there are some exemptions provided for some applicants to giving the exams and they are directly qualified for the group discussion and personal interview stage.
The candidates who are exempted from giving the exam with a qualified score in the following exams:
- NMAT by GMAC
Also Read: IBSAT Eligibility Criteria
Steps for IBSAT Seat Allotment
The IBSAT seat allotment process is as follows:
1. Candidates who have appeared for the IBSAT exam will be shortlisted based on their scores.
2. These shortlisted candidates will be called for the GD and PI rounds of selection at the IBS campus where they have applied.
3. Based on the candidate’s performance in GD and PI, a final merit list will be prepared.
4. The candidates will be allotted seats in the order of their preference and availability of seats.
How to Get a Good Score in IBSAT?
Scoring well sometimes can be very difficult. However, these are some steps and practices that you should do to score high:
- To get a good score on IBSAT, candidates must first understand the exam pattern and syllabus well.
- They should then focus on building a strong foundation in basic concepts and practising as many mock tests as possible.
- Time management is also crucial in IBSAT as candidates only have 120 minutes to answer 100 questions.
- It is therefore important to attempt only those questions that you are confident about and not to waste time on difficult questions.
- Candidates must also remember to attempt all sections as there is no negative marking in IBSAT.
- Lastly, make sure you are physically and mentally prepared for the exam by taking care of your health and studying in short bursts with breaks in between to avoid burning out.
Also Read: IBSAT FAQs
The IBSAT seat allotment process is conducted through a counselling system. Candidates who have been shortlisted based on their IBSAT score will be required to participate in the counselling session. During the counselling session, candidates will go through a personal interview and group discussion. Based on the choices made by the candidates, seats will be allotted in the respective colleges.
The main factor considered for IBSAT seat allotment is the candidate’s IBSAT score. Other factors that may be considered include the candidate’s work experience, educational qualifications, and extracurricular activities.
The easiest way to check your IBSAT seat allotment status is by logging into your account on the official website of ICFAI Business School (IBS). Once you have logged in, you will be able to see your allotted college and course under the “My Admission” section. You can also contact the admissions office of your allotted college to inquire about your seat allotment status.
For more such updates stay tuned with our Indian exams page. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.