The ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test also commonly known as IBSAT is one of the most sought examinations for students willing to pursue Management courses. It is organised by the IBS Hyderabad for admission to IBS colleges across India. The applications for the 2022-2023 session are over and the exam has also been conducted. Those who are looking forward to applying for IBSAT in the next session can refer to this blog for the complete IBSAT application process.
|IBSAT||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI)|
|Course||MBA and PhD|
|Level of Exam||Graduate; National-level|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Colleges||9 Colleges and Universities|
|Number of Questions||140|
|Date of Written Exam||24-December-2022 and 25-December-2022|
|Exam Fees||INR 1800|
This Blog Includes:
The ICFAI has recently announced that those candidates who were not given the examination on 24 December 2022 – 25 December 2022 can give the examinations between 03 February 2023 to 05 February 2023. One can look for IBSAT Online Test and book the slots of their choice for the test.
IBSAT 2022-2023 Application Process – Important Dates
The important dates related to the IBSAT 2022 Application Process are given below. The candidates willing to apply this year can use these dates as references for the upcoming application cycle of 2023-2024.
|Last date to apply||21-12-2022|
|Starting of Admit card release||04-11-2022|
|Exam Date||24-December-2022 and 25-December-2022|
|Result for Written Exam||29-12-2022|
|GD & PI||23-12-2023 to 04-03-2023|
|Final Result||First week of March 2023|
IBSAT 2023 – Application Process
The application process starts with the release of official notification and IBSAT Application forms. The application forms for all the courses including MBA, PGPM, and PhD are the same. The same forms are available at IBS Bengaluru, IBS Kolkata, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Hyderabad, IBS Dehradun, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Jaipur, IBS Mumbai and IBS Pune. The forms for PhD program are only available at IBS Hyderabad.
The forms can be purchased from any one of the marketing offices in physical form or can be downloaded online from the official website. This blog covers submitting the form both online and offline. The cost of the IBSAT Application Form is INR 1800 whether purchased online or offline.
How to Apply for IBSAT 2023?
The process to apply for IBSAT Examination can be done online or offline. Here are the detailed procedures to apply online as well as offline.
IBSAT 2023 Online Application
The IBSAT 2023 online application can be submitted in the following manner. The candidate should make sure that the process of application is complete before the deadline.
- Visit the official website of ICFAI.
- Click the option that says ‘Apply to IBS’.
- Fill out the complete application form with proper details.
- Pay the application fee online using Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card.
- An IBS Bulletin will be sent to all the applicants within one week.
- Also, right after the registration is complete the candidates will be sent an email with a registration ID and Password.
- The candidates then have to log in using the credentials given in the email and change the password.
- Then fill out the rest of the details in the application form.
- Preview the application form and download a soft copy of the same.
- Submit the application.
IBSAT 2023 Offline Registration
The IBSAT application in offline mode does not require any registration. The candidates can follow the given steps to submit an offline application.
- The candidates first have to purchase a hard copy of the IBSAT 2023 application form from the nearest IBS Marketing Branch. The form costs INR 1800 offline as well.
- The application number and password in the offline application form are attached to the form as a scratch card.
- The candidates then have to log in using the same application number and password and change their password.
- The details required are to be filled and the form must be downloaded before submission.
Documents Required for the IBSAT Application Process
The various documents and details that the candidate must keep handy at the time of the IBSAT Application Process are given below.
- Candidate’s email ID.
- Details of Education.
- Debit or Credit Card.
- A valid identity proof like Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card and Passport.
- A softcopy of the Passport size photographs and Signature.
IBSAT 2023 Application Guidelines
The important guidelines mentioned on the IBS website for the filling of the application form are given here for the candidates to refer to before filling out the IBSAT 2023 Application Form.
- The candidates need to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the IBSAT Exam 2023. An IBS voucher which is also available on the IBS website has the most recent eligibility criteria.
- The candidates must make sure to enter a valid email address, contact number and address while filling out the application form.
- The mark sheets of previous qualifications should be kept handy and it is wise to calculate percentages of exams whose marks are not given in percentages.
- GPAs and CGPAs also have to be converted into Percentages.
- The application process can be completed in 20-30 minutes.
- On changing the password with valid guidelines the candidate will be directed to the login page once again and after logging in with the new password the candidate will land on the next step in their application process.
- The name and other personal details entered in the application form should be in synchronisation with the educational documents.
- After the application form is filled and the candidate clicks on ‘Proceed’, the filled application form is available for preview. If the candidate wishes to make any changes the candidate should click on ‘Back’ if the information is right they may click on ‘Submit’.
- The attached photo should be under 25 KB or 140 – 160 Pixels.
- The candidates must also clearly specify their mode of admission chosen which can be through CAT, GMAT, XAT, NMAT by GMAC Scores. UGC Net Scores are acceptable in the case of PhD students.
The selection process for IBSAT involves a primary screening of candidates based on their entrance examination scores. The process is followed by a group discussion and a personal interview.
The official website of the IBSAT Exam is https://admissions.ibsindia.org. The candidates can visit the site for the IBSAT application form, IBSAT Information Bulletin, IBSAT Admit Card and IBSAT results.
To apply for IBSAT Examination the candidate can visit the nearby IBS Marketing Centre for offline registration or register online on the IBS website.
Yes, the IBSAT Examination has to be given from home. The candidates must show their Admit Cards on the screen to the examiner on the date and time of their examination.