The NMIMS LAT acronym stands for the Law Admission Test for admission into the UG law courses BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.). Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) has already declared the dates for the NMIMS LAT 2023. The exam will have multiple slots open for phase-wise examinations between the 4th of January and the 31st of May, 2023. The aspirants would have to schedule their examinations by May 23rd of 2023. The scheduling of the exams will be available at the time of registration for the examination. The NMIMS LAT 2023 exam pattern and some important information about the examination are discussed in this article.
|Examination||NMIMS LAT 2023|
|Full Form||Law Admission Test 2023|
|Conducting Body||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Courses||BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.)|
|The date range for exam slots||4th Jan 2023 to 31st May 2023|
|Slot booking||6th Dec 2022 to 23rd May 2023|
|Dates for application of Exam||1st Dec 2022 to 21st May 2023|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Number of Re-takes Allowed||2|
This Blog Includes:
- NMIMS LAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- NMIMS LAT 2023 Syllabus
- NMIMS LAT 2023 Exam Registration Process
- Provision in NMIMS LAT Exam 2023 for Physically Challenged Candidates
NMIMS LAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The NMIMS would hold the entire examination online for its UG courses BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.). The exam duration is 2 hours. The language for the examination is English. There would be 150 objective-type questions in the examination that one has to attempt in the national level examination. The best part about this examination is that there is no negative marking for this examination and the examinee is awarded a +1 mark for each correct answer. The exam tests the applicants in 5 subjects present in 5 sections. Each section carries 30 marks.
The examination conducting body also allows 2 retakes for the same examination in the same category. The highest For the application process, the fees would be INR 2000. For each retake application also the application fee is INR 2000. The fees are non-refundable and non-transferable for all applicants.
|Exam Section||No. of Questions|
|Current Affairs (including General Knowledge)||30|
For the syllabus of the NMIMS LAT 2023 examination look up here. However, for reference, the students can look up the next section for some ideas in short.
NMIMS LAT 2023 Syllabus
There are 5 sections to the syllabus that will result in the 150 questions in the NMIMS LAT 2023 exam pattern. We will give you a brief idea about the 5 sections here.
This section will check for your English communication and writing skills. Thus, some of the important topics covered in this section are:
- Reading comprehension
- Active and Passive Voice
- One-word substitution
- Sentence correction
- Idioms and phrases
- Direct and indirect speech
Current Affairs (Including General Knowledge)
This section would take the test your current knowledge of the country and the world. Some of the important topics covered in this section are:
- Current politics
- Books and authors
- Sports and games
- Famous personalities
- Dates of important events
- Current affairs
This section will be testing the students for their mathematical capabilities. Some important topics in this section are:
- Numerical information
- Basic algebra
- Ratio and proportion
This section is more of an aptitude testing section. The important topics in this section are:
- Statement and assumptions
- Odd one out
- Blood relations
- Picture-based questions
- Seating arrangements
This section will contain questions strictly related to the law which has been approved by the Bar Council of India. Some important topics in this section are:
Thus, the syllabus covers various subjects and dimensions that the student must be equipped with to take a UG law course from NMIMS. However, since currently registrations are going on and the students have a general idea of the eligibility and syllabus of the exam, they can go through the next section about the exam registration process for taking part in the exam.
Also Read: NMIMS LAT Preparation Tips
NMIMS LAT 2023 Exam Registration Process
The NMIMS LAT 2023 exam essentially has four steps for the completion of the exam registration. We will here walk you through all the steps.
Step 1: Initial Registration
- Visit the official NMIMS LAT 2023 official exam website.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ and create your profile.
- Complete the registration by choosing the form.
Step 2: Select Test Category/ School/ Program/ Preferences
- Check eligibility and select the test category as NMIMS LAT exam.
- You can choose multiple test categories.
- You can choose up to 2 retakes along with the main exam here.
Step 3: Pay the Application Fee & Complete Process
- Fees depend on the number of schools in each category and the number of retakes chosen.
- Paid candidates only will be allowed to sit for the examination.
- Multiple registrations for the same exam category will lead to getting you blocked.
Step 4: Selection of Test Centre and Dates
- After successful registration, you will see options to choose exam dates and test centres.
- The availability of seats in a test centre and dates will depend on the occupancy of the test centre.
- Seats will be available on a first-come first serve basis.
- You will not be able to reschedule or cancel exams and the fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Provision in NMIMS LAT Exam 2023 for Physically Challenged Candidates
The conducting body NMIMS of NMIMS LAT exam 2023 has a set of guidelines for physically challenged candidates. These provisions are strictly meant to support the respective candidates through a successful examination but not to interfere with their merit in whatsoever way possible. To access the provisions, follow the steps given below.
- Upload your Disability Certificate while registering online for the exam.
- The NMIMS exam authority will verify the submission.
- Approval will be granted through an email post which the candidate can pay the fees and complete the application.
- Support provisions would be provided at the exam centre chosen by the candidate.
There are no negative marks for wrong answers in the NMIMS LAT exam 2023. Every correct answer will bring you a +1 mark.
The NMIMS LAT exam is an entrance test for law students into UG courses BA LLB (Hons.) and BBA LLB (Hons.). The exam is held by NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies).
The NMIMS LAT exam 2023 is being taken online. The application process for counselling for entrance into UG law courses will be done online.
Thus, the NMIMS LAT exam 2023 is currently accepting applications online while the exam conducting body is also dispatching slots. So, you can go through the exam registration process and fill out your forms for taking a seat in the Law Admission Test. Keep in mind that you do not fill out multiple applications for the same exam and the same category. Doing this will lead you to have a blocked account.
To know more about various Indian exams take a tour of Leverage Edu. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more details!