The CMAT 2024 exam will held in April or May 2024. The National Testing Agency conducts the CMAT Exam for admission to MBA/PGDM colleges recognized by AICTE. This national-level test is conducted annually in an online mode for three long hours across India.
It is a speed-based entrance test that analyzes quantitative skills, data Interpretation skills, logical reasoning skills, verbal ability and English language comprehension solving skills, innovation and entrepreneurship skills, and general knowledge skills among the candidates.
CMAT is a renowned entrance exam whose score is accepted by over 1,300 MBA colleges across India. In this blog article, read all about the CMAT 2024 exam details such as dates, syllabus for the exam, exam pattern, process of registration, total application fees, cut-offs, and a list of MBA colleges accepting CMAT scores for admission.
|National Testing Agency
|Once a year
|3 hours 30 minutes for optional paper
|Last week of May 2024
|February 2024 to March 2024
|Graduation in any stream from a recognized universityFinal-year graduation students can also apply
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation SectionLogical Reasoning SectionLanguage Comprehension & Verbal Ability SectionGeneral Awareness SectionInnovation and Entrepreneurship (optional paper)
|100 questions in MCQ format
|No. of test cities,
|Exam helpdesk no.
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: How to Prepare for Competitive Exams?
CMAT 2024 Important Dates
The CMAT 2024 exam date will be announced by the NTA by February 2024. You can check the table below for the CMAT exam 2024 schedule. (Tentative Dates):
|CMAT 2024 Events
|Dates Of the Event
|Start date of registration
|In the second week of February 2024
|Last date of registration
|In the second week of March 2024
|Image correction window opening date
|In the second week of March 2024
|Admit card CMAT 2024 date
|In the last week of April 2024
|CMAT 2024 exam date
|In the month of April-May 2024
|CMAT 2024 answer key and challenge date
|Within one week after the exam
|CMAT 2024 result declaration date
|Within three weeks after the exam
Let’s explore this: PGDM VS MBA
CMAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Consider the following eligibility criteria before planning to take the CMAT Exam:
- The candidates who have completed a graduation degree or some other equivalent degree from a recognized university are eligible to apply.
- Candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s degree awaiting their results can also apply for CMAT 2024.
- No minimum aggregate requirement is set for CMAT 2024 in graduation.
Explore the blog: MBA Career Options
CMAT Registration and Application Process 2024
The CMAT registration and application process is organized online by NTA. The application fees for the CMAT test 2024 are RS 2,000 (General, EWS, OBC-NCL (Male)) and RS 1,000 for the other candidates. Follow the following steps for the CMAT 2024 application process:
- Open CMAT 2024 website.
- Click on the registration link for CMAT 2024.
- Click on the ‘new registration’ icon.
- Enter your details and choose a password to create a login ID.
- Log in with the Email ID shared in the mail.
- Fill out the CMAT 2024 form with relevant details.
- Pay the fee via debit/credit card or net banking.
- The CMAT 2024 exam will held at multiple centres across India. Candidates can opt maximum of four preferred test cities in the application form.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2024
NTA prescribes the CMAT exam pattern based on AICTE guidelines for MBA entrance exams. The below table highlights the latest CMAT exam pattern:
|Number of sections
|Mode of examination
|Duration of exam
|Number of Shifts
|1 (3:00 PM to 6:00 PM)
|Number of questions
|Number of answer choices
|CMAT Marking scheme
|4 marks for the correct answer-1 mark for an incorrect answer
|Language of paper
CMAT 2024 Section-Wise Break-Up
Section Wise Division of marks and questions asked per section are highlighted in the table below:
|Number of Questions
|CMAT Exam Marks Allotted to the Sections
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Also Read: PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
CMAT Syllabus 2024
The CMAT syllabus for 2024 encompasses a comprehensive range of topics across its five sections:
1. Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation Section:
In-depth coverage of mathematical concepts, including algebraic equations, time-speed-distance questions, allegation & mixtures questions, geometry, and graph problems.
2. Logical Reasoning Section:
Exploration of mental reasoning topics such as problems based on analytical reasoning, linear arrangements problems, number series, and blood relationship test problems.
3. Language Comprehension Section:
Focus on linguistic aspects, incorporating Reading Comprehension, Grammar, English Usage Errors, and Parajumbles.
4. General Awareness Section:
A broad spectrum of General Knowledge topics spanning Economy, Business, World Affairs, Politics, Sports, Culture, and Society.
5. Innovation & Entrepreneurship Section:
In-depth coverage of subjects related to innovation, entrepreneurship, and startup business ventures.
CMAT Exam Preparation 2024
CMAT Exam requires good planning and extensive preparation as the level of the exam is of moderate to high difficulty level. It is advisable to begin your preparation in advance for optimum results. Some of the CMAT 2024 preparation articles are mentioned below:
Best Books for CMAT Preparation
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
- NCERT Mathematics Books for Class 8, 9 and 10
- Quantitative Aptitude
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship” by Peter F. Drucker
- “Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management
CMAT Admit Card 2024
CMAT admit card 2024 is released after a week before the exam. It can be downloaded from the official website of CMAT from the scheduled date. To download the CMAT 2024 admit card, the candidate will have to follow the following steps:
- Visit the CMAT official website: https://cmat.nta.nic.in/
- Click on the CMAT 2024 admit card tab
- Enter CMAT application number and date of birth
- Enter the security pin and click on login
- Click on the CMAT admit card and download the PDF
CMAT Answer Key 2024
NTA will release the answer key of the CMAT exam 2024 for candidates to examine their performance after two to three days of the exam. Candidates can download the answer key along with their response sheet from the NTA website by following these steps:
- Go to the NTA-CMAT website.
- Click on the ‘CMAT 2024 answer key and response sheet’ option.
- Enter the application number and password.
- Click on ‘answer key’ to download it.
Candidates can even file objections to the official CMAT answer key if they find any answer by the NTA is incorrect. Objection can be done by filling out an online form and have to pay 200 per question as fees at the exam website.
CMAT Result 2024
The NTA will announce the CMAT result 2024 through a scorecard. Candidates can download their CMAT 2024 results by using their login details. Follow the below steps to download the CMAT result 2024:
- Go to CMAT-NTA website
- Click on the CMAT scorecard tab
- Enter CMAT application number and date of birth
- Click on the CMAT scorecard and download the PDF
CMAT Exam Cut-Offs for Admission to MBA
Candidates with a cut-off of 85 to 99 are eligible for shortlisting for MBA admission. Here is the list of colleges accepting CMAT Scores.
|College For CMAT
|Goa Institute of Management
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management
|Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
|University of Pune, Dept of Management Sciences
|Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
|Welingkar Institute of Management, Mumbai
|Welingkar Institute of Management, Bangalore
|Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management
|NL Dalmiya Institute of Management
A: The CMAT 2024 registration process will start in February.
A: Yes, one can crack the CMAT exam in 6 months with an effective preparation strategy that includes focused syllabus coverage and weekly practising mock tests.
A: CMAT is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It also looks after the registration process conducts the exam and the results announcement process