Every taxpayer (most commonly a dealer, supplier, or other business entity) registered under the GST regime is given a unique 15-digit identification number. The full form of GSTIN is Goods and Services Tax Identification Number.
It costs nothing at all to register for GST and to obtain a GSTIN. Before the introduction of GST, each state’s tax authority would assign a special TIN number to each merchant registered under its state VAT statute; the GSTIN number has since taken its place. A special identifying number known as the GSTIN is now given to business entities registering under the GST.
GSTIN Meaning & Structure
A 15-digit Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number (GSTIN), based on the State + PAN combination, is given to each taxpayer under the GST regime.
Following is a description of the GSTIN format:
Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)
- The state code is represented by the first two digits of the GSTIN’s 15 digits.
- The PAN of the person or business organisation is the next 10 digits.
- The thirteenth digit is depending on how many times the company has registered under the same PAN within a state.
- By default, the fourteenth digit will be the letter “Z”.
- The final digit, known as the “check code,” is used to identify mistakes and may be represented by a number or an alphabet.
What are the Benefits of Getting GSTIN?
Below mentioned are the benefits of getting GSTIN:
- Legal acceptance of the company as a provider of products or services. This, in turn, aids in bringing in more clients and expanding business.
- As buying from small firms ensures input credit, you will become more competitive than them.
- If a person has a GSTIN, they are eligible to claim input credits for their own goods and services.
- There are no limitations on interstate sales (they will be considered passing via taxable individuals). As a result, the potential market for SMEs expands.
- Either create your own e-commerce website or register on existing ones. This will once more broaden the range of a registered person’s business.
- Your company will be compliant if you register for GST (because the majority of returns are automated). This will lead to a nice outcome.
- Download the application form for the class you want to apply for from the school’s official website.
- If the candidate fulfils the criteria, they are called for an entrance exam on a particular date and time.
- If the candidate qualifies for the entrance test, they are invited for an interview by the school along with their parents.
- After the interview, shortlisted candidates need to submit relevant documents for verification and pay the fees before the due date to finalize their admission to the school.
We hope this has helped you to gain information about GSTIN. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Get in touch with our study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!