The full form of PCC is Police Clearance Certificate. Issued by the Government of India or the police department, PCC basically is a legal document that certifies that a person does not have any criminal record. PCC is usually issued to people who have passports and are looking for work, immigration, long-term visas, or residency abroad. So if you are planning to move abroad for a long duration then you should apply for PCC early as it takes around 1 week for the process to complete. People wanting to go abroad for tourism purposes don’t need to apply for PCC.
Application Process for PCC in India
Following is the process of online applying for PCC in India an applicant needs to follow:
1. Visit Passport Seva Portal and on the home page click on the ‘Register Now’ option.
2. Now log in to the Passport Seva website using the Id you created in the previous step.
3. Press the ‘Apply for PCC’ button.
4. Now carefully fill in all the necessary details and submit the application.
5. In order to get the appointment you need to pay the required fees. To print an application receipt with the ARN (Application Reference Number) or appointment number, click the “Print Application Receipt” button.
6. Bring your required original documents to the designated PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) or RPO (Regional Passport Office).
In order to apply for PCC a person should meet the following requirements:
- A person should have a valid Indian passport.
- Applicant needs to provide the address proof.
- The present address of the applicant should be similar to the one mentioned on their passport and other documents.
Also Read: What is Character Certificate: Format, Uses, Application
So, this was PCC full form and other important information related to it. For more such informative articles keep following our page.