ATS full form is Anti-Terrorism Squad. Going simply by the name, it’s clear that this squad prevents terrorist activities in the country. Being a special branch of the police force, the importance and role of ATS are highly regarded. Additionally, ATS is present in India in several states such as Jharkhand, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Kerala, Bihar, and Uttar Pradesh.
Furthermore, did you know that it was ATS that helped stop the terrorist attacks of 26/11 Mumbai and the 1991 Lokhandwala Complex shootout? The squad has been active since December 1990. Its anniversary is celebrated on December 19.
|Branch||State Police Services|
|Type||Police tactical unit|
|Motto||“Stop terrorism and Start peace”|
Role of ATS
ATS covers a range of roles that they incorporate in their activities. These are mentioned below.
- Air assault
- Hostage rescue
- Close-quarters combat
- Special operations
- Human intelligence
Objectives of ATS
ATS main standpoint is to prevent terrorism. Adding on the same, the main objectives of ATS are stated below.
- To be informed about any kind of anti-national elements surfacing in any part of Maharashtra.
- Moreover, to work alongside the central agencies such as the ‘Research and Analysis Wing’ and ‘IB’ and coordinate and exchange information with them.
- To research, track, and eliminate activities of mafias, violence, crime syndicates, and other gangs.
- To further coordinate with other states and their similar agencies.
- Additionally, ATS is to work on detecting the signs of any occurrence of rackets that counterfeit currency notes, as well as smuggling narcotic substances.
We hope this has helped you understand ATS full form and everything related to it. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Discover more such short forms that can help enhance your general knowledge!