The MIA full form is the Ministry of Internal Affairs which is responsible for fulfilling a wide range of duties. Some of the most integral duties of the Ministry of Internal Affairs include internal security, Centre-State Relations, border control, administration of Union Territories, disaster management, and management of central armed police forces. To fulfil these duties, the Ministry of Internal Affairs continuously monitors financial support, and internal security situation, issues pertinent advisories, shares intelligence inputs and provides manpower, maintenance of security, peace and harmony.
What Does MIA Do?
The following are the roles and responsibilities of the MIA:
- The MIA is responsible for conducting its operations directly and through law enforcement organizations including media, governmental entities, bodies of citizen self-government and other groups
- It is the duty of the Ministry of Internal Affairs to defend the constitutional order, and security of individuals, society and state, maintain the rule of law, protect the rights legal interests and liberties of people and property of individuals and legal entities
- MIA establishes a focus and a systematic connection with the populace, collaborate with institutions of self-government and other organizations of civil society
Also Read: UPSC Exam Date 2023 (Out): Prelims & Mains
What are the Functions of MIA?
The following are the functions of MIA:
- The main function of the MIA is primarily concerned with safeguarding the peace and security of the country
- The MIA is also responsible for maintaining law and order in all states and union territories
- The MIA also participate to protect the next generation and young minds from the ideologies of terrorism, violence etc and educate them about true patriotic practices and evoke the spirit of nationalism
We hope this has helped you understand the MIA full form and everything related to it. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on our page to know more! Get in touch with our study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today