The full form of ESIC is Employees State Insurance Corporation. It is a statutory social security body under the ownership of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. It was established post the 1948 Employee State Insurance Act.
ESIC was formed to help employees if they have any sort of illness, injury, accident, pregnancy, or death. It currently has more than 20 regional offices, 26 sub-regional offices in the states, and more than 800 local offices across the nation to implement the needful.
ESIC was established by ESI Act. It is an autonomous corporation under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. Being a legal organization it is permitted to raise loans and take measures for discharging such loans with the prior sanction of the central government. ESI can set up hospitals independently or in collaboration with the state government or other private authorities.
Benefits of ESIC
Following are the services provided by the ESI Act 1946:
- Medical benefit
- Sickness benefit
- Maternity benefit
- Disablement benefit
- Dependants benefit
- funeral expenses
Medical Colleges by ESIC
- ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, Rajaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, K. K. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal
- ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, Faridabad, Haryana
- ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana
- ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, Kalaburagi, Karnataka
- ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Alwar, Rajasthan
- ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Bihta, Patna, Bihar
- Government Medical College, Kollam, Kerala
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College & Hospital Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Government Medical College & ESI Hospital, Coimbatore
New Amendment of ESIC
ESIC raised the monthly wage limit for employees in India to INR 21,000. Earlier it was INR 15,000. This came into effect in January 2017.
You may also read:
What is the Full Form of SEBI?
Hope this helped you understand the Full form of ESIC. To know more such useful information, please visit our page now!