The full form of WIPRO is Western India Palm Refined Oils. Wipro is an Indian MNC that delivers information technology, consultant and business process services. It is one of the top Tech companies in India. Wipro also offers a range of services including cloud computing, computer security, digital transformation, artificial intelligence, robotics, and data analytics to customers in more than 160 countries. Read on to learn more about WIPRO.
Fact of the Day
Wipro is devoted to achieving net-zero emissions by 2040, with an intermittent goal of diminishing emissions by 55% by 2030
History of WIPRO
The company was founded in December 1945 in Amalner, India, by Mohamed Premji. During the 1970s and 1980s, the company turned its focus to new prospects in the IT and computing industry, which was at a developing stage in India at that time. In 2012, Wipro demerged its non-IT businesses into a separate company called Wipro Enterprises. Before this demerger, trades in consumer care, lighting, furniture, hydraulics, water treatment, and medical diagnostics, contributed about 10% of Wipro’s total revenues. In March 2023, Wipro opened its American international Headquarters at Tower Center in New Jersey.
Check out the Highest Paying Wipro Careers in India here!
Globalization of WIPRO
- In 2006, Wipro got California-based technology company cMango in an all-cash deal.
- In 2012, Wipro made a deal with an Australian analytics company, Promax Applications Group for A$35 million in an all-cash deal.
- In 2015, Wipro bought a Denmark-based design consultancy Designit for €85 million.
- In 2016, Wipro made a pact with a cloud services consultancy Appirio for $500M.
- In 2019, Wipro bought a Filipino personal care company Splash Corporation.
- In 2020, Wipro acquired Rational Interaction, a Seattle-based digital customer experience consultancy.
- In 2021, Wipro acquired Capco, a global technology and management consultancy specializing in navigating digital transformation in the financial services industry. Wipro signed an agreement to accept Ampion for a cash consideration of $117 million.
- In 2022, Wipro signed a final agreement to acquire the Stamford, Connecticut-headquartered Systems Applications and Products (SAP) consulting company, Rizing Intermediate Holdings.
You may also read
We hope this information helped you to understand the full form of WIPRO. For more information like this, you can check our page.