Following a fashion trend with trendy clothes enhances the personality of a person. If you are also interested in exploring a field that gives you glamour and the chance to meet with celebrities, fashion design is one of the best fields for you. Fashion design is a creative field, and a lot of people enjoy working as fashion designers because this field is like learning with earrings, with various job opportunities and career growth. If we look into the industry’s most famous fashion designers, such as Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, and Anit Dongera, they successfully earn a good amount of money in the field of fashion with a glamorous lifestyle. Read on to discover more about Fashion Designer Salary in India.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Fashion Designing as a Career Option?
- Average Salary for a Fashion Designer
- Categorisation of Salary of Fashion Designer
- Fashion Designers Careers Prospects
- Roles and Responsibilities for Fashion Designers
- Skills Required to Become a Fashion Designer
Why Choose Fashion Designing as a Career Option?
Choosing fashion design as a career may initially seem difficult, but it’s a terrific alternative for many reasons. First off, fashion design is among the most demanding and imaginative professions you can pursue. Here, we’ve listed a handful of the reasons.
- Fashion design is much more than simply making garments; it’s about being creative, innovative, and working hard to succeed. Therefore, if you’re game, networking should be high on your list of things to accomplish.
- Fashion designing is also one of the most expanding fields because according to facts the Indian fashion market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11-12% to reach $115-125 billion by 2025. However, the industry is confronting both possibilities and problems as a result of rising competitiveness, shifting consumer tastes, and technological changes. This segment is one of the fashion market’s fastest-growing segments, with a CAGR of 17.6% from 2021 to 2026.
- Fashion designing offers a lot of chances to develop your talents in numerous areas due to the wide range of options it affords to travel and work with various materials. Additionally, being a fashion designer calls for strong organisational and communication abilities, both of which are necessary in any profession.
Average Salary for a Fashion Designer
The average salary for a fashion designer may vary due to the level of experience. A Fashion Designer’s salary in India ranges between ₹ 0.3 Lakhs to ₹ 7.2 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 3.3 Lakhs. The highest salary for a fashion designer can go up to 60 Lakhs to 30 Lakhs. The highest salary of a Fashion Designer can go up to INR 60 LPA. Some of the top celebrity Fashion Designers such as Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi, Ritu Kumar, Tarun Tahilani,
and many more earn up to INR 10 crores per annum.
Relevant Read: Fashion Designing Courses
Categorisation of Salary of Fashion Designer
There are multiple categories of salary for fashion designer professions. It may vary based on experience and qualifications.
Fashion Designer Salary: City Wise
The average pay for a fashion designer according to the cities they live in is provided below:
|Cities||Average Starting Package|
Fashion Designer Salary: Qualifications Wise
The individual must possess the necessary qualifications in order to become a fashion designer. The income of a candidate is greatly influenced by their academic background. The pay for a fashion designer based on their credentials is shown in the table below:
|Level of Qualification||Average Salary|
|Graduation in Fashion Designing||4.00-4.50 LPA|
|Post Graduation in Fashion Designing||5.00-10.00 LPA|
Relevant Read: How to Become a Fashion Designer
Fashion Designer Salary: Organisations Wise
The table below displays the typical yearly wage for a fashion designer across several organisations:
|Company Name||Average Salary|
|Marks & Spencers||7 LPA|
|Allen Solly||5.5 LPA|
Fashion Designer Salary: Experience-wise
Experience plays a very important role and a deciding factor in the salary of a Fashion Designer. The salary of a Fashion Designer based on years of experience is provided below for your reference:
|Year of Experience||Salary|
|0-5 Years||6.12 LPA|
|5-10 Years||8.26 LPA|
|10-15 Year||12 LPA|
Fashion Designers Careers Prospects
Fashion design is a constantly changing field with a variety of employment options. The sector is always changing due to technological advancements and shifting consumer preferences, which makes it a fascinating and dynamic career choice.
The fashion industry offers a wide variety of positions. Fashion Designers, Graphic Designers, Fashion PR Experts, Creative directors, Product developers, UX Designers, Textile designers, Retailer Buyers Retail Managers, Fashion stylists, and Fashion merchandisers are all professions that one can pursue.
Available Job Profiles for Fashion Designers
The following are possible careers for fashion designers:
- Costume Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Personal Stylist
- Fashion Publicist
- Product Promoters
- Fashion Blogger
Roles and Responsibilities for Fashion Designers
In various job categories, a fashion designer’s responsibilities change. Their task is fairly wide and doesn’t just involve doing research; it also involves the following responsibilities. Below are a few of them for your reference:
- Team members and fashion designers work together to select seasonal themes and compile fresh ideas.
- They must make sure that items align with corporate objectives.
- They must also choose the textiles and trimmings.
- They must also work in tandem with technical designers to ensure the accuracy of the items and packaging.
- They must oversee the entire design process, from idea to styling.
Skills Required to Become a Fashion Designer
In order to succeed in the field of fashion design, a candidate needs to possess some of the following abilities.
- Communication skills
- Attention to Details
- Knowledge of Fashion Trends
- Visualization Skills
- Artistic Ability
- Fashion Sense
Relevant Read: Dress Designing Courses
A few of the best companies for fashion designing in India are Abu Sandeep Fashions Pvt Ltd. Industry; Future Enterprises Ltd.; Genesis Luxury Fashion Pvt Ltd.; Genesis Colors Ltd (RIL); Kimaya Fashions Pvt Ltd.; Karle International Pvt Ltd.; Manish Malhotra Design Studio.
Here are the steps that help you to Start a Fashion Design Business:
Complete a degree programme in fashion design; The majority of fashion designers have a bachelor’s degree in art or design; Develop Your Design Portfolio, Network Within the Industry Acquire Practical Experience and Stay Current in the Fashion Industry.
One should consider obtaining a bachelor’s degree in design if they want to work as a fashion designer. In order to become a fashion designer, people often take BDes, BFTech, BSc in Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, etc.
This was all the information about Fashion Designer salaries in India, for more such informative blogs follow Leverage edu.