Australia is one of the top international study destinations for students around the world. Studying in the country proffers you with infinite career opportunities because the universities provide a unique curriculum for every program which give you exposure to the latest scientific trends. Australia is globally distinguished for its technologically driven education system and the country also provides a conducive and safe environment for learning. Many of the top universities in Australia offer a specialised Master of Information Technology course which is popular among international students. Want to know more about the course? Take a look at this blog to know all about studying a Master of Information Technology in Australia.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Master of Information Technology in Australia?
- Eligibility Criteria for Master of Information Technology in Australia
- Cost of Studying Masters of Information Technology in Australia
- Top Universities for Master of Information Technology in Australia
- How to Apply?
- Documents Required
Why Study Master of Information Technology in Australia?
Here are some of the reasons why you must consider studying Master of Information Technology in Australia:
- IT is one of the most handsomely paid job areas within Australia, with comparatively higher salaries than any other sector in the country.
- Job opportunities in technologically-driven areas are growing exponentially and just in the past few years, the graph of employment in this industry has witnessed a massive surge with more than 30,000 jobs created lately.
- A Master of Information Technology course in Australia is especially developed to equip you with all the necessary skills to meet all the challenges in the rapidly developing IT industry.
- Pursuing this course will give you a comparative advantage in the job market.
Also Read: Master of Engineering Management in Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Master of Information Technology in Australia
In order to enrol into this program in Australia, you must qualify certain parameters of eligibility which may generally vary from one university to another. Some of the basic eligibility criteria for studying a Master of Information Technology in Australia is mentioned in the following points:
- Must possess an Australian equivalent of an undergraduate degree in information technology with at least 65 percentile
- If a candidate doesn’t have a degree in IT, they must have a bachelor’s in engineering with at least 65 percentile. They should have obtained their engineering degree in the field of computer engineering, software engineering or any other related field
- A candidate has to submit an English language proficiency score of any of the accepted exams like IELTS or TOEFL
- A valid GRE score might also be required along with Letters of Recommendation (LORs) and a Statement of Purpose (SOP)
To know university or course specific details, get in touch with Leverage Edu experts!
Cost of Studying Masters of Information Technology in Australia
It is a good idea to be aware of the approximate costs before starting on a Master of Information Technology in Australia. The annual tuition fees for this degree in the popular universities in Australia ranges between AUD 32,000 to AUD 45,000 on an average, which is roughly INR 17-25 Lakh. Additionally, you will need to spend something between AUD 1400 and AUD 2500 (roughly INR 78K-1 Lakh) per month as living costs.
How to study in Australia without IELTS?
Top Universities for Master of Information Technology in Australia
Australia has a number of renowned universities which offer highly coveted degrees. Here are some of the top universities in Australia where you can pursue a Master of Information Technology course:
RMIT is an internationally acknowledged institute of technology in Australia and is one of the prominent tertiary institutions in the country. The IT program in this university is a sure pathway to a successful tech career. It imbues you with the technical and theoretical platform related to the course and keeps you updated about the changes in technology. You will come to know technical principles and their applications and will earn extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of IT, like analytics algorithms, cloud computing, data mining as well as programming. You can choose your core specialization from a variety of different options such as big data management, cloud computing, search technology, mobile computing, software architecture, web systems and security.
University of Technology (UTS)
UTS qualifications are famous because of their practical approaches to every course. The IT program here has been developed to help students attain an inclusive knowledge of information technology in technical as well as management aspects. The program proffers individuals with a total understanding of the developments in technology and how it shapes the current information and communication technology and also provides them with the essential skills to counter the growing challenges in the IT sector. There are myriad specialisations available to the students in business information systems, data analytics, interactive media, software development and internetworking.
Monash is listed among the top universities in Australia for degrees in Engineering, Technology and Computer Science. Acquiring a postgraduate IT degree at Monash opens a range of career opportunities like software engineer, enterprise data architect, mobile systems analyst, cloud consultant, technology officer etc. This university offers specializations in IT project management as well as software engineering. A student has a range of elective choices in data management technology, machine learning, mobile and distributed systems, cybersecurity and cloud computing. As a final semester project, a student can complete an industry experience program or write a research dissertation.
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
QUT has been ranked as the topmost Australian university. Information technology courses in QUT encompasses different aspects of the IT sector. Master of Information Technology has been created to give students the basic and specialized knowledge of the field of information technology. In this course, a student can choose a major from any one of the subjects including networks, computer science, data science, enterprise systems, security, business process management and information management. One of the most important elements of this degree is that it has been developed for both students with an IT background and students with a non-IT background.
Also Read: Engineering Universities in Australia
La Trobe University
Since it’s the foundation, La Trobe University has emerged as Australia’s top-of-the-line institutes. Through this course, students will be able to further hone their knowledge and technical skills in the IT sector. A student will be educated in computer fundamentals like database systems, computer networks and programming and will be subsequently advancing into higher studies in software engineering, intelligent systems, internet computing and online-based e-commerce networks. The program primarily aims at creating technical fluency and proffers students with skills necessary for the management of computer systems. It imbibes knowledge of Java programming, algorithms as well as data structures, system design engineering fundamentals and mathematics for IT.
How to Apply?
You can make the complicated admission process easy by reaching out to Leverage Edu:
- We will help you select your course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL etc. are an important part of your university application. So you’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Here’s a list of the documents required for pursuing this course at any of the above-mentioned universities:
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial Evidence
You must possess an Australian equivalent of an undergraduate degree in information technology with at least 65 percentile
The annual tuition fees for this degree in the popular universities in Australia ranges between AUD 32,000 to AUD 45,000 on an average, which is roughly INR 17-25 Lakh.
RMIT University is the best university for pursuing Master of Information Technology in Australia.
We hope this blog has imparted important information about studying a Master of Information Technology in Australia. Aiming to pursue a Master of Information Technology in Australia? Then let our experts at Leverage Edu assist you with one on one counselling. Sign up for your free 30 minutes of e-counselling with the team now and choose the best-matched career & higher education options, with one-touch access to personalised mentors and leading global universities.