The gist of something is the main point or key idea. Gist-content questions require you to determine the primary subject or concept discussed in the listening conversation or lecture.
Gist-Content questions are typically phrased as follows:
• What are the speakers mainly discussing?
• What is the main topic of the lecture?
• What is the lecture mainly about?
What is the lecture mainly about?
a. What we can learn from historical records about supernovas
b. Why it’s important to study supernova explosions
c. Why we need historical records to find out about supernova explosions
d. Using historical records to figure out where a supernova explosion occurred
Correct Answer : D
Tips to Remember Gist-Content Questions
- Actively listen for the main topic and primary points.
- Ignore minor details and focus on the big picture.
- Take brief notes to capture key ideas.
- Identify the central theme or subject.
Are you preparing for TOEFL? Check out this video to improve your listening skills for the TOEFL exam given below👇.
Download the Leverage App today.
Need help to prepare for TOEFL? Check out the best TOEFL preparation courses in the market offered in a live training environment by trusted educators. If you want to ease your study abroad journey, then call us at 1800-572-000.