The University of Arizona has launched the Global Wildcat Award to recognize students with outstanding academic performance. The scholarships are available to both freshman students and transfer students. The scholarship benefit varies from $5500-$22000 per academic year. Thus, it assists international students in covering their estimated expenses such as tuition fees expenses, book expenses, living expenses, and health insurance. However, the beneficiaries have to use the award for the semester in which it was offered.
The Global Wildcat Award cannot be combined with any other award. For example, National Merit Finalist, Transfer Tuition Scholarship, and Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, among others. Interested students can apply for the scholarship before the deadline. The scholarship is available only for the undergraduate studies.
Global Wildcat Award Scholarship Type
Two scholarships are available under the global Wildcat Award 2024-25. Moreover, the amount of scholarship will depend on the GPA of the student. Below we have provided a list of the Global Wildcat Awards.
- 24-25 First-Year Global Wildcat Award- Any student enrolling in the university for the first time and meeting the eligibility criteria can apply
- 24-25 Transfer Global Wildcat Award- Those who have earned 12 or more transferable units taken at a non-US college or university/US community college/US Junior college
Global Wildcat Award Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the Global Wildcat Award 2024-25 are as follows. Interested students must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply
- Must meet the academic standards of the Arizona State University. International students exhibiting outstanding academic records and test records (IELTS/TOEFL)are eligible to apply,
- However, the initial scholarship offer remains the same even if the applicant improves their GPA at Arizona.
- Students who are conditionally admitted, and enroll in the CESL U track pathway, complete one semester in the course, and enroll full-time in the University of Arizona in the following semester will receive the scholarship they have originally qualified for
- However, when a student becomes an Arizona resident their scholarship is adjusted to cover a proportional amount of resident tuition. That is if they are eligible for the same.
Interested students can apply for the Global Wildcat Award by visiting the official website. Apply for scholarships in the USA. Find out more scholarships and grants here. To discover more news updates like this one visit the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu