University of Manchester is offering Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarship to international students.The scholarship is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate applicants Under the Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarships, a total of 200 scholarships are available. That is, 100 merit based scholarships for undergraduate students, and 100 scholarships to Master’s students. The total amount of scholarships offered is expected to be more than £3.5 million. However, the scholarship is only available to applicants who are from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The deadline for application is 14 April 2024 for Bachelor’s courses, and 26 April 2024 for Master’s programmes.
Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarships students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an international fee paying students from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka.
- The applicants must be applying for a direct first-year entry in 2024. Moreover, they must be working towards clearing Indian Standard XII (CBSE, ISC, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Gujarat boards only), A Levels, or IB diploma.
- Undergraduate students do not require their final results to apply for the scholarship.
- Only self funded students are eligible for the scholarship award
- Moreover, applicants who have previously studied at the university or anywhere in the UK are not eligible for the award
- However, the application form will only be made available to the students once they have received an offer letter from the university
- Moreover, some courses like Dentistry (BDS), Medicine (MBChB), Architecture are not eligible for the scholarship. Students pursuing other integrated foundation year courses are also not eligible.
- Masters courses such as- MBA, MPhil, Architecture and Urbanism (MA),Master of Architecture (MArch), etc are not eligible.
Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarship Benefits
Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarship is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The benefits are as follows:
- Undergraduate students- £7,000 for the first year of study. Additionally, students would receive an extra £7,000 awarded in the second and third years of study.However, the amount would be conditional on attainment of 60% average each year.
- Postgraduate students- Amount of £8,000 is awarded in the form of scholarship discount
The Bicentenary Global Futures Scholarship application link will be sent to all students who have received an offer letter from the University of Manchester. The decoration of results is on 30 April 2024.