The Rotary Yoneyama Foundation, the largest private scholarship organization in Japan, is offering international scholarships. The scholarships are open to undergraduate Masters and PhD students wanting to study in Japan. However, before applying for the scholarships students must have received an offer letter from a Japanese university/graduate school. The deadline for the April or fall intake (September/ October 2024) enrollment is 31st October, 2023. The scholarship benefits vary from 100,000 yen per month- 140,000 yen per month depending on the level of study.
Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
The Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarship eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The applicant must have selected the university he/she wants to study
- The applicant must have received an admission approval/ a pre-arrival admission approval from the university
- Moreover, the applicant must submit the same along with the scholarship application within the deadline: January 2024 (for April 2024 enrollment) or by the end of June 2024 (for fall 2024 enrollment)
Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarship Benefit
The Rotary Yoneyama Foundation scholarship benefits are as follows. The scholarships are available for the duration of the study.
- Undergraduate students would receive 100,000 yen per month
- Similarly, Masters students would receive 140,000 yen per month
- The doctoral students will receive 140,000 yen per month
- Additionally, all first year students would receive an amount of 250,000 yen upon arrival in Japan
The Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarship results are expected to be announced by the middle of March 2024. Applicants would receive the status of the application by email. Successful applicants will receive a certificate of eligibility by the end of March 2024. The deadline for the scholarship application is 31st October 2024. Interested students can apply by visiting the official website of Rotary Yoneyama Foundation.