Many students and people working abroad must be returning home this Diwali to celebrate the festival of joy with family. Surely, you must have planned everything well in advance. All the return flight tickets, a to-do list and a list of people to meet will already be in place.
However, you must not ignore preparing to secure yourself, due to high pollution in the metropolitans of India especially Delhi. At 9 a.m. today, Delhi’s AQI was recorded at 376 which is much lower than yesterday’s record of 437.
Though measures are being taken by the Delhi government to curb the pollution levels it will take some time for the weather to get clear. The government of Delhi was also planning artificial rainfall but the city naturally received rain last night which notably cleared the weather.
Today Delhi government is taking the Supreme Court’s opinion on the matter of odd-even implementation in the city and the decision will be out after discussions. Here is what you can do to stay safe till the environment gets cleared enough.
How to Celebrate a Safe Diwali?
No one should miss out on festivals with family and friends but you can surely tweak your celebrations a bit to keep the environmental conditions in order. Therefore you can follow these guidelines to make your Diwali safe and auspicious.
- Stay indoors as much as you can. Get air purifiers and stay home with family making togetherness the way of this Diwali. Munch on old tales and make new memories.
- Wear an N-95 mask at all times while going out. Maybe you can also redecorate it to match your outfit.
- Clear your eyes, nostrils and ears with water after coming back from outside. Anyways, you can try on new makeup each time.
- Wash yourself at the end of the day and take steam to clear your skin, hair and lungs from the pollutants.
- Be creative with your celebrations. It is a no-brainer to suggest not using crackers. However, don’t be a bore too. Make your own Diwali traditions and enjoy yourselves.
- Stay updated. As the government is trying to make sure to reduce the pollutants in the air as soon and as rapidly as possible, it is a good practice to monitor AQI in order to decide when is the right time to move out.
It is important to be secure, but the spirit of the festive season should not be lost. Celebrating Diwali at home or abroad we will get the best tips and suggestions for you to not miss out on anything. If you want to read more such exciting information, make sure you follow Leverage Edu News Updates. And, Happy Diwali!