In today’s fast-paced business world, a product manager plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of a product. They are responsible for managing the entire lifecycle of a product, from ideation to launch and beyond. As a result, many individuals aspire to pursue a career in product management. One of the best ways to do so is by obtaining an MBA in Product Management.
An MBA in Product Management is a two-year postgraduate course that provides students with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in this field. In this article, we’ll take a comprehensive look at the MBA in Product Management Salary, Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process, and Fees.
This Blog Includes:
- What is MBA Product Management
- Why Study MBA in Product Management
- Indian Colleges offering MBA product Management Program
- Universities Abroad Offering MBA Product Management Programs
- MBA in Product Management Syllabus
- Course Comparision
- Skills Required to Purse MBA in Product Management
- Admission Process
- Scope and Career Options
- Top Recruiters
|Name of the Course||MBA in Product Management|
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Exam Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate Degree from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Entrance/Merit Based|
What is MBA Product Management
MBA in Product Management is a postgraduate degree program that focuses on teaching students the skills and knowledge required to manage the development and marketing of a product. This course is designed to equip students with the ability to identify customer needs, analyze market trends, and develop effective strategies to ensure the success of a product in the market.
Why Study MBA in Product Management
There are several reasons why one should consider studying for an MBA in Product Management:
MBA in Product Management is a postgraduate degree program that focuses on teaching students the skills and knowledge required to manage the development and marketing of a product.
- This course is designed to equip students with the ability to identify customer needs, analyze market trends, and develop effective strategies to ensure the success of a product in the market.
- This course focuses on teaching students the skills and knowledge required to manage the development and marketing of a product.
- Product management requires individuals to possess excellent analytical and leadership skills. An MBA in Product Management helps students develop these skills through various exercises and activities.
Must Read– How to Become a Product Manager
Indian Colleges offering MBA product Management Program
There are several colleges in India that offer MBA in Products Management program, here is the following college.
|Allahan Institute of Management||Pune||92,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||Bangalore||10LPA|
|Indian Institute of Management and Research||Bangalore||8LPA|
|OP Jindal Global University||Haryana||4.5LPA|
|JK Business School||Gurgaon||93,000|
Universities Abroad Offering MBA Product Management Programs
There are several colleges In Abroad that offer MBA in Product Management program, here is the following college
|Name of the University||QS World University Rankings 2023||Average Annual Fee|
|University Of East London||800-1000||INR 16.00 Lakh|
|University Of Canada West||–||INR 12.00 Lakh|
|Harvard University||5||INR 61.00 -70.00 Lakh|
|Victoria University||701-750||INR 19.00 Lakh|
|University of Alberta||110||INR 17.00 Lakh|
|University Of Toronto||=34||INR 27.00 Lakh -41.00 Lakh|
|Cardiff Metropolitan University||116||INR 17.00 Lakh|
MBA in Product Management Syllabus
The MBA in product management subject list differs according to the specialization which totally depends on the choice of candidate, here is the list of subjects that you need to cover while studying the MBA product Management Program
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management of Organisation I||Management of Organisation II|
|Quantitative technique and Method I||Quantitative technique and Method II|
|Managerial Economics I||Managerial Economics II|
|Corporate Environment I||Corporate Environment II|
|Business Skills Development I||Business Skills Development II|
|Corporate Legal Environment I||Corporate Legal Environment II|
|Accounting for Manager I||Accounting for Manager II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Management of International Business I||Management of International Business II|
|Business Policy and Strategic Management I||Business Policy and Strategic Management II|
|Summer Traning Project I||Summer Traning Project II|
|Seminar I||Seminar II|
|Specialisation Group A (two papers of each specialization will be offered)||Specialisation Group A (two papers of each specialization will be offered)|
|Specialisation Group B (two papers of each specialization will be offered)||Specialisation Group B (two papers of each specialization will be offered)|
|Specialisation Group C (two papers of each specialization will be offered)||Specialisation Group C (two papers of each specialization will be offered)|
Below given table shows the difference between MBA in Product Management and PGDM in Product management
|Parameter||MBA in Product Management||PGDM in Product management|
|Course Level||Post Graduation||Post Graduation|
|Full Form||Master of Business Administration||Post Graduate Diploma in Management|
|Course Duration||2 Yeara||1-2 Year|
|Course Eligibility||Graduation with 50% aggregate||Graduation with 50% aggregate|
|Entrance exam||GMAT, XMAT, SNAP,CAT,CMAT||GMAT, XMAT, SNAP,CAT,CMAT|
Must Read– MBA in Finance
Skills Required to Purse MBA in Product Management
These are some skills required to pursue MBA in Products Management
- Good Communication Skill
- Managerial skill
- Tema Player
- Analytical skill
- Leadership skill
- Problem-solving skill
- Creative Mindset
To be eligible for an MBA in Product Management, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university
- A minimum of two years of work experience in product management or a related field
- A valid score in an entrance exam such as CAT, XAT, GMAT, or GRE
- Proficiency in the English language (if applying to an international institute)
English Proficiency Test
If you are looking to pursue this course from abroad students need to fulfil the English test requirement, here are the eligible score
Accepted Entrance Exam
Entrance exams are the common and important process to get a good college option these are the main entrance exams
The admission process for an MBA in Product Management can differ from one institute to another. Here are some general steps involved in the admission process:
- Application: Candidates must submit an online application form along with the required documents such as transcripts, work experience certificates, and entrance exam scores.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates must appear for an entrance exam such as CAT, XAT, GMAT, or GRE.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates are called for a group discussion and personal interview round.
- Final Selection: Candidates are selected based on their performance in the entrance exam, group discussion, personal interview, work experience, and academic record.
List of Documents required for the admission process for MBA Product Management
- Updated Cv/ Resume
- Academic Certificate/ Marksheets
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Form
- Entrance Exam Scorecard
Scope and Career Options
MBA in Product Management can be a great career choice for individuals who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required to excel in the field of product management.
- Graduates of this course can pursue careers in various industries such as technology, retail, e-commerce, healthcare, and more.
- They can take up roles such as Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, Director of Product Management, Product Marketing Manager, and more.
- Also after completing MBA in product management you can explore all these employment areas such as e-commerce, Hospitality & Telecom, Manufacturing, Advertising, Market Research, Finance, Automobile firm,
- After completing this course you can also explore further study, you can go for Ph.D., Mphil program.
Jobs and Salary
MBA in Product Management Salary:
The salary for an MBA in Product Management can vary widely depending on various factors such as industry, job title, experience, and location. Here are some estimated salary ranges for different job titles:
|Jobs Profile||Salary in US$||Salary in INR|
|Product Manager||$80,000 to $150,000 per annum||INR 65.45 Lakh|
|Senior Product Manager||$120,000 to $200,000 per annum||INR 98.18 Lakh|
|Director of Product Management||$150,000 to $300,000 per annum||INR 1.22 Cr|
Must Read- MBA Courses, Entrance Exam, Syllabus
These are the top companies that hire MBA products management degree holder
- Wenglar and Watson
- Boson Consulting Group
Ans: An MBA in Product Management is typically a two-year postgraduate course.
Ans: No, most institutes require a minimum of two years of work experience in product management or a related field to be eligible for an MBA in Product Management.
Ans: To succeed in product management, individuals must have a strong understanding of market trends, customer needs, and product development processes. They should possess excellent communication, leadership, and analytical skills. They should also be able to work well in a team and handle pressure situations.
In order to fulfill your dream of pursuing an MBA in Product Management and to skyrocket your dream to study abroad, follow Leverage Edu and call us at 1800 57 2000 to know more about it.